Nugget Shooter Forums

Huge Fire in the Bradshaws

Wow...Dodacious & I returned from a work trip up to Vegas tonight, and for the entire drive south of Wikiup could see smoke to the North East...When we got home and the sky darkened we can see fire on the horizon about 45 degrees SE of Wickenburg...Tonight's news showed that the entire town of historic Crown King has been evacuated and the fire is out of control...We can plainly see from Wickenburg huge flames licking up toward the sky and it appears the fireline is at least three miles wide and growing wilder by the moment...I hope the people and the homes are safe...Fingers crossed, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Wow RON, sounds like you guys are getting a taste of what we have here in CA. they said over 1400 fires from Bakersfield to the OR. boarder are going, helicopters flying over my house all day today, even the national guard was called out, Right now we have 3 firs within 50 miles of us and down around the coast even bigger fires. Smoke is really bad, Grubstake

...Tonight's news showed that the entire town of historic Crown King has been evacuated and the fire is out of control...We can plainly see from Wickenburg huge flames licking up toward the sky and it appears the fireline is at least three miles wide and growing wilder by the moment...I hope the people and the homes are safe...Fingers crossed, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Dang Unc, that is an absolute beautiful area.....It's our hope that everyone comes through this OK without any loss of life or property. Big 10-4 from us on the "fingers crossed"!

Gary

I just started smelling smoke here in PV and wondered what was burning, haven't watched any news all day. Just found the story online in the Sunday Republic. Started about 11:15 PM Saturday night by a lost hiker who built a signal fire a Yavapai Sheriff's Deputy said. Prescott N.F. has been in Stage 1 Fire Restrictions since May 5th, that lost hiker could be in deep trouble. In a story online at CBS 5 a F.S. spokesperson said "We have about 40 percent of the trees out here dead because we had a beetle epidemic" Maneely said. "The dead trees, mainly ponderosa pine and other chaparral, are extremely explosive when they burn." I haven't been to Crown King in many years, but back in the 70's and 80's I got up there every now and then. Had some fun times partying up there. I sure hope it survives this fire and the good folks that live up there don't lose everything.

Glad to read in the news the wind is blowing the fire away from Crown King. Still not contained and up to 500 acres, AZ Republic online 6/30 9:45 AM. I been seeing the larger slurry bombers flying over from Prescott airport headed south. Just across Lynx Creek Canyon from my place the northeast end of the Bradshaws is pretty hazzy with smoke and got a slight smell of smoke.