Nugget Shooter Forums

New Minelab GPX-4500 Instructional Video on the Way

Guest Nuggethunting

Guest Nuggethunting

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to pass the word on since Chris has left on a trip. There will be a new instructional DVD available soon on the GPX-4500. There will also be a lot of information about the GPX-4000. This video will be worth the purchase if you own either a GPX-4000 or the new GPX-4500. It was a pleasure to be part of this new DVD. Contact Bill Southern or Chris Gholson @ AZO when they are released.

More information below -

NEW GPX DETECTING VIDEO - Coming Soon!

Hi Everyone,

This past weekend marked a major turning point in a project we have been working on for some time. Despite triple digit temperatures and swarms of bugs, I am pleased to announce that we officially concluded our filming for a brand new video production!

Shot in the heart of Arizona gold country, this new instructional DVD is geared towards the Minelab PI metal detectors, specifically the GPX-4500. My goal was to demystify Minelab's latest gold machine by providing straight forward explanations of the controls with actual "real life" demonstrations in the field. We discuss the new features found on the 4500 and when a person should use them, along with addressing the unique conditions detectorists face in the US.

Hosted by myself, the video makes a whirlwind tour of the central goldfields region with special guest appearances from some of the top hunters in the state. Viewers will have the opportunity to hear from renowned prospectors Bob "Montana" Dansie and Rob Allison as they share their experiences with the GPX-4500 along with helpful hints for choosing proper settings. Other topics covered include: dealing with trash, pinpointing, ground balancing, target recovery, detecting techniques, coil selection and more! There are also some great live "nugget digs" captured on tape.

We don’t have an exact date yet as to when the DVD will be ready to ship, however we anticipate a release towards the end of summer. We are currently in the editing stage and I will be sure to keep everyone updated with the progress. Also, keep watch for a sneak preview video clip coming very soon!

Before signing off, I'd just like to say that this project would not have been possible without the incredible dedication of our hard working crew, especially Joe Kauffman and Steve Gholson who shouldered a bulk of the load. They were a great group of guys to work with and I thank them all for helping make this video become a reality.

A few photos taken during the filming of the new video. Left - Right: Joe shooting me in the Bradshaw Mtns. A closer look at some of Bob's gold. My interview with Rob A. Bob Dansie working a gully with his GPX-4500

Chris Gholson

AZO - Arizona Outback