Nugget Shooter Forums

California Meteorite Discovery Video - with Jim Kriegh

Hi all,

In this short video my son Ruben Garcia Jr. and I find nearly 20 pounds of chondrite meteorites in a desolate California desert! For those of you that knew Jim Kriegh, I was proud to have invited him along with us - it turned out to be his very last meteorite hunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPEbHduUtZ0

Ruben Garcia

Phoenix, Arizona

http://www.mr-meteorite.com

Guest bedrock bob

The real treasure is the look on your boy's face squatted down beside those rocks. What a sight. The time spent with your boy will pay much greater dividends than than a truckload of meteorites. Yes, it was a great clip. And the meteorites were great too. And many.

I have taken a thousand photos of my son growing up. When I look at them now I realize that 900 of them are of him holding a big old ugly fish. He tells me that I an not taking pictures of him, but of the fish. Maybe so. Those fish have guaranteed that I dont have to worry about him like some parents have to.

I'll bet that as long as Ruben Jr. has a rock in his pocket he will do just fine. The fish in the pocket has worked for my son, but it has been tough for him to explain at school. I am trying my best to find a meteorite before I am a grandpa so the grandkid won't have to go through the same thing that his dad did.

Aloha Ruben,

WOOF!! :WOW:

What else can I say about this find. You are truly amazing with these finds. Not too many young kids enjoy this type of "fun". You are truly blessed to have a son that enjoys the same things as you.

Looking forward to more videos of your finds. Hopefully gas prices will go down soon so I can start them long trips to Franconia as well as a couple of desert lakes I am researching now.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Ruben,

Another outstanding video, keep them coming our way!

The finds are nice but the memories will linger long after we will probably forget many of the meteorites we find.

I haven't been at it that long and I have a ton of photos of Zaya, Celina and Dean Jr and I out in the field having a great time. And not to mention great friends like you that I have had the pleasure to hunt with!

When is your next video? Can't wait!!!!!!!

Dean

Ruben,

I broke my leg at the skate park so i wont be hunting for 2 months or so.

My dad is definitly going to go through withdrawal so maybe you could PM him

and hunt with him. Maybe shoot a video for me to see while I'm off my leg.

[Erik]

Ruben,

My dad is definitly going to go through withdrawal so maybe you could PM him

and hunt with him. Maybe shoot a video for me to see while I'm off my leg.

[Erik]

HUH... how did this happen? You couldn't bail out and land safely or what?

Del

I busted a inward heelflip above the copping, and i came down fakie.

I stuck it on the bolts, but I didn't balance out enough

and my board shot out from under me.

i didn't fall hard, just my leg was twisted wrong.

My tibia is fractured and my ligaments in my ankle

are torn. Surgery is scheduled for thursday

and then i'm in a cast for 6 weeks.

I'm fine though so thats all good.

Hello Ruben & Erik

Ruben!!! Nice job with the video!!! :yourock: Still want to talk about the package. So Erik you have a serious injury and you have not cubed it Yet.!!! :WOW: Want to see the cast w/cube to confirm. :hmmmmmm: Get well soon as I may have the next field and need your expertise. :icon_mrgreen: Found a ring yesterday. Check it out on the web site. :shhhhh:

Wayne

http://meteoritesrock.com/

I busted a inward heelflip above the copping, and i came down fakie.

I stuck it on the bolts, but I didn't balance out enough

and my board shot out from under me.

i didn't fall hard, just my leg was twisted wrong.

My tibia is fractured and my ligaments in my ankle

are torn. Surgery is scheduled for thursday

and then i'm in a cast for 6 weeks.

I'm fine though so thats all good.

OUCH! Riding a half pipe or what?

Good luck with the surgery, you'll be ok since your young and healthy. I hate to tell you kid, but you'll probably feel this one for the rest of your life. Went through the same thing when I was your age only with my left arm and I broke it playing football. My arm looked like a wet spaghetti noodle when it happened. Most of the time it doesn't hurt, but on really cold days... ouch! As much as I love skateboarding it does have an affect on your body. My ankles still pop and snap all the time and I'm convinced it's because I spent 1/3 of my life on a skateboard (I'm sure your well aware of all ankle injuries you get). Just take it easy and be patient with the cast because it usually ends up lasting longer than 6 weeks.

Del

yeah it was i half pipe. i'll be patient, no use in fliping out.

I've already have set up several of my girl friends as nurses

so it wont be too bad.

[Erik]

yeah it was i half pipe. i'll be patient, no use in fliping out.

I've already have set up several of my girl friends as nurses

so it wont be too bad.

[Erik]

:laught16:

Ruben,

[Erik]

Hi Erik, did the Fibula break as well ??? That's the smaller long bone next to the Tibia. Being young you'll heal fine. The ankle will be the biggest pain. I've busted myself up a bunch of times over the years. 10 years in Special Forces and 7 years as a parachuting paramedic (Pararescue). Last week I had my 10 operation. I've learned to just get over it and move on. If you let it get you down, it will. You sound like a strong and an adventurous young lad so my guess is this may not be your first and I'm sure it won't be your last break. Best wishes and God's speed,

Dr. Jim "bones" Shorten (Radiologist, retired) :coffeetime: