Nugget Shooter Forums

Caution; viewing will cause goosbumps

eagle1.jpg

eagle.jpg

crystal.jpg

all from the 16-1 private collection

:WOW::WOW::ROFL::ROFL: I'm Speachless

OL'29er

NO not me, only thing I did was cut and paste from their site. Their private collection is for sale at a cool 3.5 million. I sure hope it is picked up by a museum so it can be viewed by the public

Just when you think its safe to turn the pace maker off ... WHAM!!! But, thanks, that jolt was worth it. Does this mean what I think it means? Nah, say it ain't so Steve. Their not packing it in at the old 16 to 1, are they?

What brought the 16-1 back to life back a few years is, they went in with metal detectors and found patches of gold in walls and started blasting them out. I used to know wife of owner back then. Don

One of our very own was the person with the beeper..... you will never ever guess who

One of our very own was the person with the beeper..... you will never ever guess who

I don't know who you think it is, but I DO know who were the first in there. Both of them are dead now, but one in particular was my mentor and good friend. If you've been to Rye Patch the last few years you might have seen the memorial we put up in his memory.

But on the 16 -1 story, he was the first using a Goldmaster. And the owner screwed them out of what split they had agreed to after he saw how much gold was to be found using a detector. They ended up getting nothing (except a few pieces they swallowed while in the mine and later retrieved. Yuk!) This was back when the Goldmaster were first out, about 1991 or so.

Digger Bob

of all the many things I almost had, one was the chance to get in the 16-1 back in 1980 with my Garret deepseeker...I had a friend name of grey weaver that knew the owner of the 16-1 and so Grey and I tried to interest them in letting us survey the mine for hi-grade ore...to bad for me the gentleman had no use for modern technology....oh well...

then there was the penny stock they were selling in the early 90's....should of bought a bunch of that....too.

Fred