Nugget Shooter Forums

Headphones for the GMT. What do you use and why?

I use the Jimmy Sierra headphones as they are a high ohm and carry a lifetime warrenty. The fit is nice to with individual volum controls. What ever you get the best that you can afford. The higher the ohm's the better. The high ohm phones are around $100.00. Designed by a nugget hunter for nugget hunters.

Allen

I use the Jimmy Sierra headphones as they are a high ohm and carry a lifetime warrenty. The fit is nice to with individual volum controls. What ever you get the best that you can afford. The higher the ohm's the better. The high ohm phones are around $100.00. Designed by a nugget hunter for nugget hunters.

Allen

DITTO!!

Get the best ones NOW and avoid getting another pair later. Once you "Train" your ears for them individual sounds you will notice why we spend money up front for the best headphones available. Good luck with your GMT. GREAT CHOICE OF UNITS!!

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

I agree with Allen about the Jimmy Sierra phones...Used them for years with my GMT, GB2 and MLSD2100, but more recently switched to the Black Widows....Made by the same great folks at DetectorPro, but more bang for the buck...Folks complain about the BWs being too tight but all you have to do is stretch them out a bit and they are fine...Cheers, Unc

Hi all,

I will throw my vote in for the Jimmy Sierra Maxiphone II as well.

I like them so well, last week I ordered a second backup set (always have backup headphones of some sort) of the same

variety, along with a Jimmy Sierra relic pouch, which is good for gold hunters as well. Really nice pouch, appears to be a little pricey, but it will last you for years. You can see these headphones and other stuff at jimmysierra.com.

I was curious about the Black Widows, but was not sure how they would fit my head, so I opted to buy some headsets that I knew would fit. I had purchased some new Sunray Pro headphones, but found they were too tight, so now I have to decide what to do with them. Too pricey to have around very long.

Tight headphones are not the thing to be wearing, you will soon find out.

Don't go for the cheapies, they won't serve you well, and don't sound well, nor have a good warranty, as the Detector Pro's and Jimmy Sierras have. (Made by the same company)

Hope this helps!

~LARGO~

FORGET ABOUT IT............................... :headphones:

JUST GO BUY A SET OF BLACK WIDDOWS, THAT IS, IF YOU WANT TO HEAR ALL THERE IS TO HEAR.

I SWEAR BY THEM.

BOUGHT THEM USED, BEAT EM UP FOR A YEAR, LEFT CUP STARTED SHORTING INTERMITTENTLY, CALLED THE FACTORY, THEY SAID SEND EM IN, I DID, NO COST FOR REPAIR TO ME.

ALL BULL ASIDE, TRY ANY HEADPHONE, THEN TRY THE WIDOWS, IF YOU DON'T SENSE A HELL-OF-A DIFFERENCE YOU'RE EITHER TOTALLY DEAF OR CLOSE TO DEATH. :headphones: :laught16:

:laught16:

Hapy Huntn

I will plan to buy Black widow cuz of my hearing impaired. It fits me. I am managed to hear it well.

MB :icon_mrgreen: :headphones: