Nugget Shooter Forums

Mars Inspired meteorites

Howdy Folks,

Well the recent Mars Phoenix Lander pictures have inspired me to do some crazy things, like shooting some of my meteorites in 3-D. So, in my spare time I dabbled with all sorts techniques and created a 3-D image of some of the meteorites I've found over the past couple of years. I actually found a cool little program that will allow me to do so. You're going to need 3-D glasses to see these, which I'm sure most of you don't have (You know the red and blue or cyan type). But for those that might (check the kids movie cases or toy boxes...) (or you can get some red and blue cellophane) it is pretty cool. Just another way of looking at Meteorites...Jason :;):

Franconia2893D3.jpg

GoldBasin3D1stfound.jpg

Franconia2893D2.jpg

DUDE,

You have waaaaaay too much time on your hands. :tisc-tisc: You need to get out in the fields soon and do some :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: !

Nice work tho and yes I didnt have to go far for my pair of 3d glasses.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Fred, well you got a :laught16: :laught16: outta me on that one. I can say that's the first time I heard of that :hmmmmmm: , but if it worked, cool :whoopie: .

Stan, you are right, but with the gas prices, heat and snakes, I can wait until the fall. Granted the gas prices will probably be higher :grrr01: (predicting around $4.50 to $5.00) but all I got is time on my side....Jason :;):

Ben, well don't too excited until you see them, then let me know :ph34r2: .

Wayne, :hmmmmmm: :hmmmmmm: You might be onto something. I'll see if I can get some NASA backing for that venture.

Seriously though, I was actually considering the effects of meteorites one night and wondered what kind of signature they would produce once ignited (like doing a spec analyze test for components, minerals, heavy elements, etc.) and if somehow one could capture that signature sign and program some glasses to only see that signature. Basically, kind of like a diffraction grading for meteorites. Then see if the meteorites in question produce any external signs to visually see them. Again, probably way too much time on my hands. Jason :;):

G'Day Jason

Really cool. the first three were great except for the middle one. It had my eyes doing back flips but those latest two particularly the last one it jumped right out of the screen well done.

Cheers Johnno