Nugget Shooter Forums
Uncle Ron

New Patch, New Nugget, Happy Unc

Yo All...Extended my prospecting to a new area where it looked like maybe the old timers had shoveled out of the small wash, even though there were only a few decernable header piles and no evident tailing piles...But it just looked right...I started hitting old rusty bits and square nails--a bunch of them...The ground was mostly hot basalt...After a couple hours digging trash on the benches and in the wash I finally decided I'd had it...I climbed out of the wash and walked toward my quad ...About 12 feet from the wash I got a good sounding signal that seemed different from the square nails I'd been getting...Down about 10 inches the target was screaming and out of the hole....Exactly 1/2 ounce slug with only a little bit of quartz peeking out here and there...It was too hot to continue on today, but I'm hoping this nugget bearing flat continues on...As usual, bunch o' pix...Cheers, Yer Happy Unc in the Dubyah

post-9-1213221697_thumb.jpg

post-9-1213221729_thumb.jpg

post-9-1213221765_thumb.jpg

post-9-1213221785_thumb.jpg

post-9-1213221813_thumb.jpg

Ron you have been on a roll lately. Keep it up and you will be labeled a "Gold Slut." :icon_mrgreen: :laught16:

Uncle Ron,

WTG, this shows what research and sweat can produce. I hope you find many more in the flats. You are putting this on your maps aren't you?

terry :icon_mrgreen:

Hi Jerry & Terry...Yeah, it took three years of research to find the area and now I've got nine months into exploring it...This experience has brought about a whole change in my outlook and relationship to nuggetshooting...The gold is cool, of course, but it's the experience of figuring things out and observing that is the real thrill...My first five months of this year I had an attitude problem, but then I began studying things and it all changed...I don't think I can ever go back to hitting pounded patches again, which, with some pretty good exceptions, is what I've done for years...Cheers, Unc

WTG, Ron! I hope I can get back into what I want to do instead of what I have to do real soon, no nugs for me since Nov.

Bunk

Congratulations of the fantastic nugget find!!!

Ron: The Arizona desert may be HOT and DRY right now. But for you when it rains, it pours if'n ya know what I mean!

Hey Unc,

Saw you out there.....Your secret is safe :innocent0009:

Bill

Hello Unc,

Very nice nuggets you have been diggin up lately, I was wondering if I was ever going to get a hand drawn map like I sent you years ago :innocent0009:

Yo Billy....Yes, I saw you and was going to chase you down to show you some nuggets and some GPS coordinates....But I had to go pee pee... :laught16:

Mike, I was working one up for you but my finger paints got all dried up... :innocent0002:

Cheers, Unc

Whoa Nelly!!! That is sure one nice nugget Uncle Ron! You are on one hot streak. Good going and waiting forward to your next find.