Nugget Shooter Forums

Great Phone Conversation Today.....

Bob and I had a one of those great 'jawing sessions' again today. I'm so glad that we had a chance to exchange notes once again. Bob is the real deal when it comes to mining, he has been there and done that, and continues to do so and reach out to others.

I know he wants to get back and play in the dirt again lookin for 'ole yellow', yet I also know he's going to take it easy and do it right. BTW he isn't 'pushing' the healing process. I'm sure he'd like to see it happen sooner, yet it wasn't any fault of Bob or family that he had to go back into the hospital.....I'll keep it at that!

Well, speaking of reaching out to others, it seems he's made a few of our forum members famous in his current writings. It looks like MicroNugget, Flakmagnet, and Denny have center stage in his new story "Newbies". :whoopie:

I encourage everyone to give it a read.

On an unrelated note for everyone, especially CA forum members, Assembly women Wolk is again trying to resurrect AB1032 in the form of a "Buget Rider". This was the bill "vetoed" by the Govener that would essentially stop small scale dredging activities on CA rivers. Remember the Courts handed down judgement in favor of the miners. In doing so a Court mandated Envriomental study had to be performed by the State within 18 months of stay/judgement to prove their claims.

What Wolk has now done is attached a 'rider' to the CA State Budget that basically says.....the State doesn't have the money to perform said study, thus a moratorium on any suction dredging activity would be placed there-on until funds could be aquired to do so.

This is "Under the Carpet" legislation at best, yet if this 'rider' remained on or within the State Budget it would be tied up in court litigation for years thus usurping ones ability to suction dredge, simply because the State would make claim, "that we don't have the funds to do the study".

IMO the courts hands would be tied!.....Martin, step in here if you will. :smrt1:

Once again, great call today Bob I'll keep in touch.

Gary

Thanks Gary. It was great talking with you. I did send the picture I mentioned to you and will send another today

OL'29er

Gary: I was wondering whether Wolk would attempt a sneaky resurrection of this grossly unfair AB-1032 legislation. Somehow I had hoped that she would not resort to bludgeoning the little people with the method of raw political power -- particularly when the known facts are so opposite of what she purports to be championing. But her timing is shrewd. She hopes to parlay California's budget crisis into a power bid to ram this legislation through. This is a wake up call to man the phones and write the letters. Gary, it would help if you could post a copy of her text on a separately titled thread so folks can begin pushing back by having something solid to identify if they want to telephone, e-mail or snail mail their representatives, Democrats and Republicans alike. Once we get a chance to read her text, then some basic responses can be generated.

P.S. I've been on the phone with 29er also. He is in a lot of pain and has been on really powerful pain blockers that leave his noggin ringing, but he is determined to see this through to the end. Look for him in Gold Basin come October.

Thanks Gary. It was great talking with you. I did send the picture I mentioned to you and will send another today

I received both pictures Bob interesting material. I'm still looking for that USGS site I found awhile back, I'll keep looking.

Gary, it would help if you could post a copy of her text on a separately titled thread so folks can begin pushing back by having something solid to identify if they want to telephone, e-mail or snail mail their representatives, Democrats and Republicans alike. Once we get a chance to read her text, then some basic responses can be generated.

Martin, from the looks of everything the actual "language" had not been written at the time these committee's (Senate/Assembly) made their recomendations, 4/7/08 and 4/9/08 respectively. I'm sure by now this "rider" has been written, I just can't find additional information on it.

Here's all I have. They are links posted on Dave McCracken's site (New 49er's).....

The Heads-up letter from their man in Sacramento,

http://www.goldgold.com/legal/final_alert_6-5-08.pdf

Senate Budget Subcommittee Recomendations,

http://www.goldgold.com/legal/Sen_Bud__2_4...e_on_agenda.pdf

Assembly Budget Subcommittee Recomendations,

http://www.goldgold.com/legal/Asm_Bud_suc_...ctn,_4-9-08.pdf

I did notice a few other things in these recomendations, but I don't want to say anthing until I know more. BTW, I believe the Budget deadline is 6/15/08, but with all the ranglin' thats been know to happen during this process, there's still time to make a difference.

Gary

OK Micro-Nugget,

May quote before the next IV, "P.S. I've been on the phone with 29er also. He is in a lot of pain and has been on really powerful pain blockers that leave his noggin ringing, but he is determined to see this through to the end. Look for him in Gold Basin come October."

Now their is nothing wrong with my noggin. It just takes a couple hours for me to find it after my pain IV.

I got a new air mattress last night and I slept like a rock from 9pm till 6am when they woke me to give me my first of 3 IV's today.

As for Vietnam, hell no I won't go; sorry wrong time period. AS FOR GOLD BASIN, TURBO-CHARGE THAT FORD CAUSE HELL YES WE WILL BE THERE.

OL'29er