Nugget Shooter Forums

Reflections

ROGERD

I lost two of my old hunting and fishing buddies of 30+ years this week to cancer. :sadwalk: Both passed away within 24 hours of each other. We went on Friday to the first funeral, and today, we are going to say goodby again.

While it has been a sad week, I thank God for the time we were friends and all the things we did together...........

I lost two of my old hunting and fishing buddies of 30+ years this week to cancer. :sadwalk: Both passed away within 24 hours of each other. We went on Friday to the first funeral, and today, we are going to say goodby again.

While it has been a sad week, I thank God for the time we were friends and all the things we did together...........

I am very sorry to hear about your losses Roger, my condolences to you and the families. Losing one close friend is hard enough, but I can't imagine the pain associated with losing two close friends in such a short time period. Remember, your friends are in a better place and no longer have to deal with the pain and suffering caused by cancer. Its a very difficult time for you, but remember time will heal your sorrows my friend. I lost my dad two weeks ago to cancer, and the loss gets a little easier to deal with each passing day. Keep your head up, you have some good friends here who will help in any way possible.

Bob

I thank God for the time we were friends and all the things we did together...........

That's all any of us can find comfort in, sorry for your loss. I found a saying the other day that helps me at times.

" The will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you"

Wyndham

ROGERD,

Sorry to here about the loss of your friends, May the lord help you through these tough times, my prayers are with you.....................wonderer

Roger

We all walk through this world just one time.I say if you have family are friends that you like are love see them while they are alive.It sounds as if you had a close relation between your two friends and nobody can never take that away from you.

I'm truly sorry for your loss knowing it hurts more than words can say being I've been in your shoes with my own loss.

Chuck

I lost my good buddy of 17 years "Buster" this week so I know the feeling. He wa sold, blind, and deaf. I put him out to pee in the early morn and never saw him again. I think a Lion got him cause there have been sightings of one hanging around. Saw him myself once. Miss that little fella a lot. Hurts in the middle of my chest.

post-54-1212447209_thumb.jpg

Roger.I know how you feel.At least you have the good memories of times past.

Seems as we get older we tend to go to more funerals every year.It does not seem to get any easier year after year.Take care