Nugget Shooter Forums

Today's LSD finds

Lou R

Strange cool and cloudy day for May. Got the 1.8 grain picker within 15 minutes of parking. Weather truned wet, pretty good rain for half hour or so, had to sit it out in the rig. Found the space rock (33.1 grams) after the storm and even scored a replacement blade for my pocket Old Timer.

Lou

LSD-5-24-08b.jpg

Lou,

How can you tell that is a meteorite? I have found a couple of rocks somewhat similar to the one in your picture, but I'm not sure I would recognize a meteorite from a mineralized rock.

Strange cool and cloudy day for May. Got the 1.8 grain picker within 15 minutes of parking. Weather truned wet, pretty good rain for half hour or so, had to sit it out in the rig. Found the space rock (33.1 grams) after the storm and even scored a replacement blade for my pocket Old Timer.

Lou

LSD-5-24-08b.jpg

Lou,

Nice looking meteorite, be sure and give that area a good going over as that piece looks like it has brothers and sisters.

Jim

Was a good day Frank.

ZMD, get to talking with some of the guys in the Meteorite thread on the forum. Their expertise will serve you better than my ramblings on IDing space rocks. If you are heading out LSD way shoot me a PM. Always willing to hook up with fellow forum members.

Randy, had a couple of record setting over 100 days early this week, then this big, oddball cold front cane through. Only got into the upper 60's yesterday and supposed to hit 80 today. Great beepin weather.

Sure will Jim. I figue it does have relatives in the neighborhood.

Lou