Nugget Shooter Forums

Knee Replacement Surgery

Hey Folks: My wife Dianne is going in tomorrow morning for total knee replacement surgery at 7:30 am. This will be the first of two with the other happening as soon as she gets well enough to have the second surgery which should be in a few months. I would really appreciate your prayers for her during this time. She is in a lot of pain and is looking forward to getting better so she can be more involved in metal detecting. I have stayed off the hill a lot this year because of the need to help her as much as possible and am looking forward to more detecting. Thanks in advance for your prayers...Jerry

Jerry,

I have said a little prayer for your wife. Been there and done that when it comes to the total knee replacement. Most all of us that have had it done, only wish that we had done it sooner. Is a blessing when all that pain is gone. I pray that Dianne's surgery goes well and that she is out metal detecting with you is short order.

Jim

Jerry, Dodacious & I will offer prayers for a safe surgery and speedy, pain free healing...Ron

This past year has been a real pain in the "knees " for me . I understand the handicap it puts in someones lifestyle.

I'm wishing her a smooth process thru it all.

From my experience of having it done 3 times now and enduring a total of 11 knee surguries in my life, I wish her the absolute best outcome and to be as pain free as possible.

Jerry,

The wife and I will keep her prayer. She will be very glad she is having it done.

OL'29er

All went well in the surgery and Dianne should be home in a few days. The doctor had to put a spacer in between the bone and knee of about 5/8ths of an inch due to the leg bone being ground away. All is well thanks. Jerry

pondmn The best for you and your wife--my prayers are with you. Attitude and exercise--thats the bottom line with these hip and knee replacements. I'm sure your wife will be fine, as with a lot of others, I've been there done that! The Lord takes care of his people! believe it! rokdodger

I know she must be in pain form the surgury, but that chronic bone grinding pain is now gone. Hope she gets out of the Hospital fast...... healing is always better at home. In a few short months she will be praising the magic of it all..........