Nugget Shooter Forums

my brother in law has a prospector friend in calif. and he has told me that calif. is shutting down all gold mines. is this true? what about other prospecting? i sure hope this is just BS, thanks for any info you can give me. :shrug:

my brother in law has a prospector friend in calif. and he has told me that calif. is shutting down all gold mines. is this true? what about other prospecting? i sure hope this is just BS, thanks for any info you can give me. :shrug:

I am in California and haven't heard anything about this. Did he provide any sources for his information? :Huh_anim]:

Mines that are on federal land are subject to federal law. The state of California can not shut down mines on federal land. This triple hearsay rumor is BS plain and simple.

:laught16: Of coarse it's true. Please return all the gold found here and we will return all the trash left by tourists :innocent0009: . The government and environutz have been REALLY pushing to close down mining all over the state-it seems we can buy gold from the chinese too :Huh_anim]: ain't life grand??? :twocents: John

The friggin state has been for the last 20 years trying to shut down the longest operating underground mine in the US. the Sixteen to One mine in Allegahny.... it is still in operation!

We have had averbal agreement with the BLM office for several years nows. I f a mine shaft or adit possess a danger to the public, we will volunteerly fence it it off. It use to be commom sinse prevaled, but we have a whole new generation of folks who just do not get it. |If You file on an old mining claim, take thr time to fence off the shafts and adits. |IT COULD SAVE LIVES AS WELL AS A LOTOF HEART ACKE.

OL29er

The OP said California "is shutting down all gold mines", and not old abandoned mines. I don't think anyone would dispute the fact the BLM has been closing access to old abandoned mines.

Gold is still being found around the old mine sites its not a bad idea to find out where they are and check out the ore piles , now going into an abandoned mine is another thing, personally I wont do it I tried once up in Dog Town but claustrophobia got the better of me :innocent0009: damned if i'll be buried alive for any amount of gold.

thanks for the in-put, i though my brother-in-law was way off, i think his prospector friend is alittle out there. thanks again.