Nugget Shooter Forums

The fate of Gold Basin

Hi All

As many of you know I have some land in Gold Basin. I keep getting soliceted to sell it by developers or realtors trying to list it and sending me flyers. The property tax assesment has tripled since last year which is likely the tax bill as well. I think in the very near future there will actually be housing tracts out there as well as paved roads . Street lights and porch lights ruining the beatiful evening star filled nights. As the bypass bridge is completed over the dam the whole area will be the suburbs of Vegas . Enjoy the area while you can for the bulk of it's private land is planned for developement in the upcomming years !! Here's a link to an article. http://www.fryefamilyhomes.com/news.php?id=9 Happy Huntin John B.

John in the past 10 years there has been alot of subdivisionsin the gold basin area. There is no doubt that houseing developments will follow whenever the bolder dam bridge is completed.

I,VE seen the prices of 1ac. lots skyrocket in the Dolan Springs area in the last three years.

Harry :twocents:

I have one acre in Meadview that I have only seen briefly twice in 20 years. I am now retired and I'm heading down this week to play around for the first time and swing my GPX 4000. I plan to be there for a couple of weeks or more. I will have my constant companion Sage me. (gray dog) We will be in a white GMC extra cab duramax with Idaho Elk plates. stop and say hello if any of you see me.

Randy

I have one acre in Meadview that I have only seen briefly twice in 20 years. I am now retired and I'm heading down this week to play around for the first time and swing my GPX 4000. I plan to be there for a couple of weeks or more. I will have my constant companion Sage me. (gray dog) We will be in a white GMC extra cab duramax with Idaho Elk plates. stop and say hello if any of you see me.

Randy

Be careful with your dog, the snakes are out and you know how dogs are just running around trying to root out anything that moves, A guy that I was hunting with over out of Morristown, his dog got snake bit under the jaw, not a purty site for awhile.

Allen in MT

Be careful with your dog, the snakes are out and you know how dogs are just running around trying to root out anything that moves, A guy that I was hunting with over out of Morristown, his dog got snake bit under the jaw, not a purty site for awhile.

Allen in MT

Allen,

This scares me a lot. She is an awsome hunting dog and will be roming about as I detect. We have comeopon one chuker hunting in Utah an she was smart enough to stay back and she is quick as a wip if she sees one strike she probably could dodge it. But what if she dosen't see it??? She has already survived being run over by the mail man and 6 weeks ago some Ahole shot her with 00 buckshot and somhow she lived and got home to me for help. But I can't leave her home she would go crazy without me. I am leaving today and I will post when I get back. (when ever the heat gets to bad) It's still winter here and it snowed yesterday so I can't wait to get down there.

Thanks.

Randy