Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin Goodies

Got a good sized one wed. 64.3 grams and thurs. 9.3.

Wednesday night was one of the most beautiful nights for sleepin out at the basin I've ever had. slight breeze and excellent temps.

Hapy Huntn All

I hope to post my first from Franconia ,will be going there Sat. for a day trip.

SANY0183.jpg

Way to go again Frank... it looks like we've got another person infected with the sickness... or at least your starting to show the symptoms. :laught16:

Del

Ben, the smaller was on top of the ground and the larger was just about 4 inches under.

FRED, IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A GOLD BASIN TRIP LET ME KNOW , IF ITS AT ALL POSSIBLE I WILL MEET YOU UP THERE.

Hapy Huntn.

Outstanding! It is a great time to be spending in the outdoors especially over night. I am planning a 3 day outing in a few weeks. Hope the nights are just as nice and as successfully as your hunt.

Dean

Hey Frank;

thank you so very much, I looked at the weather and appears to be hot for the next week or so..that said, do you have any days that would work for you for sure? I would not want to be on the road Memorial day but aside from that I would be happy to work something out...

Dean, when will you be there?

Fred

Fred generally I am available at a days notice, If I may suggest a mon. tue. wed. thur. may well be the best times to spend there as the weekends seem to draw more people.

I also can take you to 2 claims in the basin for a little gold hunting.

I've been having some luck with finding the meteorites lately at the basin.

Where will you be traveling from ?

Aloha,

Awesome finds Frank. And they say that most of the big pieces have been found. HA!! There are still places to hunt that have not been touched yet so keep on looking.

Aloha and good luck,

Stan aka Kaimi

hi Frank;

I live near San Diego so it is a 7-8 hour drive for me. Would the 28-30 of May work for you? That is just after Memorial Day...

I can meet you there at some predetermined time and place at your convenience...I have to remodel my bathroom which will be my June project and I suppose the temps will be pretty high then anyway..

thanks

Fred

Hey Frank;

thank you so very much, I looked at the weather and appears to be hot for the next week or so..that said, do you have any days that would work for you for sure? I would not want to be on the road Memorial day but aside from that I would be happy to work something out...

Dean, when will you be there?

Fred

Hello Fred;

I will be hunting here in New Mexico for the Memorial day holiday. It has been raining here for the past two days and will continue until Friday. Should cool things off and with it being so dry here I'm sure it will be soaked up by Sat. I fought the dust the last time I was out. Should make for some great hunting.

One day I will head that way for a 3-4 day hunt. I will surely let you know when I will be in the area.

Dean

hi Frank;

I live near San Diego so it is a 7-8 hour drive for me. Would the 28-30 of May work for you? That is just after Memorial Day...

I can meet you there at some predetermined time and place at your convenience...I have to remodel my bathroom which will be my June project and I suppose the temps will be pretty high then anyway..

thanks

Fred

Thats as good as any Fred. I'll keep it open and you can post or e-mail me just before then and we can touch base and set it up.

Hapy Huntn.

Frank;

I will e-mail my phone numbers so we can chat or you can send me yours...

I will drive up thataway on Tuesday the 27th and be ready to meet you where ever you want at gold basin on Wednesday the 28th...it would seem the Gpaa/ Joe Bahd claim would be a good meeting spot...but, what ever you chose will be fine.

Will you be camping-out or are you local-ish?

Fred

I recieved your e-mail and just sent you one. Fred, Let me know if you recieved it. That sounds good you're being there on the 27th we usually start out at 4-4:30 am an get to the basin in around an hours drive from home. We have talked about leaving here wed. morn. an stayin wed. an thurs. up there. Ill have plenty of firewood I bring it with me that joshua wood up there stinks like a SKUNK last time we burned some. Whew, never again unless forced to.