Nugget Shooter Forums

ALMOST a 1/4 Kilo Weekend!

Just got back from a weekend of hunting and camping with Mike and Paul where we hunted Gold Basin, Franconia, and a Dry Lake bed. This was my second Gold Basin Hunt and I was just 5.64 grams shy of a 1/4 Kilo! :shrug: :woohoo:

Here's my totals-

Gold Basin- 5 chondrites, 0.12g, 0.64g, 4.6g, 85g, and 154g totaling 244.36 grams

Franconia- 7 Irons (not pictured)

Dry Lake Bed- SKUNKED!!! :grrr01:

640 mg close up-

640mgCloseUp.jpg

4.6 Gram close up-

46GramCloseup.jpg

85 Gram In-situ-

85GramIn-situ.jpg

85 Gram Close Up-

85GramCloseup.jpg

First Gold Basin find since the Nuggetshooter outing in October.

After eating dinner and hunting all day long I decided to go on a little night hunt and scored a nice deep beauty.

154 Gram In-situ-

154GramIn-situ.jpg

I had to wait all night to get an in-situ pic. Boy was it hard to sleep! :laught16:

154 Gram Close Up-

154Gramcloseup.jpg

:woohoo: It's great to join the Gold Basin 100 club!

Of course I had to get a pic with the Gold Basin street sign-

GBSign.jpg

My whole Gold Basin take-

GoldBasin5-3-2008.jpg

Mike and Paul, had a blast guys and thanks for showing me the ropes out at Gold Basin!.... Hugn thign... hugn thign....HUGN THIGN! :laught16:

Del

Hey Del,

Glad to see you're hanging with two of the best South West meteorite hunters around! Was it crazy to see that these two guys never sleep...isn't it? I've hunted with them and there's no way to keep up...

Like I said DEL, you're gonna be one of the most successful hunters around soon.... save some for me!!

Hey Del

Had a great time, Hope to do it again soon. I ended up getting 4 gold basins totaling around 68 grams. The largest was 30 grams the smallest was around 8 grams. this picture is in situ. Some nice guy dug it out and left it right on the surface for me :Huh_anim]: :laught16:104_0320.jpg

104_0322.jpg

104_0324.jpg

104_0328.jpg

Well for some reason I cant get the last gold basin picture to come up so I will add another post with that and pics of my dry lake bed find

Paul

Ok here we go. The last gold basin pic.

104_0315.jpg

Ok now to the good stuff. :innocent0009: here are pics of my 9 gram dry lake bed find.

104_0334.jpg

104_0335.jpg

104_0336.jpg

Well I must be retarded I cant get the last pic to come up. Oh well you guys get the picture :laught16: The dry lake bed find is not my biggest, but it just might be my favorite.............................................................well until the next one :innocent0002: :innocent0009:

Paul

Oh ya I also picked up 5 little irons out at Franconia. 3 different finds in 2 days, not a bad weekend :outtahere:

Nice going out there Del and Paul. I thought I was going to get the big skunk out there. Lucky I found a 47.7g piece.

Picture080.jpg

Picture083.jpg

Got a nice little 2.1g dry lake bed find too.

Picture064.jpg

Once again I cant stress how important it is to take rocks home that look half way decent.

I put a little window in this one and BAM meteorite.

Picture065.jpg

I got down a little bit on my self for not making a positive id in the field but at least I took it home

for a better look.

Fun weekend out there guys. o ya got 6 little irons at franconia too.

Mike

Aloha,

Nice finds guys! I was out this weekend doing some geocaching and almost went to Gold Basin but didnt think anyone was going to be out there. Oh well, maybe next time i will just follow my instincts and go there. Missed you guys by about one day.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Freaking awesome!!! Keep the great pics and awesome finds coming. Congrats to all of you on your great hunt and success.

Hey Del,

Glad to see you're hanging with two of the best South West meteorite hunters around! Was it crazy to see that these two guys never sleep...isn't it? I've hunted with them and there's no way to keep up...

Like I said DEL, you're gonna be one of the most successful hunters around soon.... save some for me!!

Yeah Ruben hunting with Mike and Paul is a blast because I'm learning ALOT! Of course they're good because they learned from the best. :;): Didn't get to see them "never sleep"... They both wussed out on me and went to bed right after dinner. :laught16: Fifteen minutes later and into my night hunt, 250 feet away from the truck I popped out that 154 grammer. :woohoo:

Thanks for the compliment, it's very motivating to hear something like that from a pro hunter like you.

Mike and Paul- Way to go guys! Those are beauties! I'll trade my Gold Basins for those lake bed finds anyday! Hey Paul, you can only upload four picture links into each post, this is why you were probably having problems. Mike, hey man you scored and thats all that matters my friend. Sometimes it's really hard to identify them in the field you know.

Everyone else- thanks for the kudos guys! Erik, get your but out there kid. Wayne, yeah GB 200 grammer is coming! Stan sorry we missed you. Dean, glad you like the pics, how bout that deep one!. Frank, are you starting to see the excitement in meteorite hunting? It's a blast!

Man it was great to hunt a different strewnfield and get a couple good scores. I have to head out there more often now!

Del

Ya boy couldn't pull and all-nighter this time I was whipped for some reason. Mike and I thought about going back out several times but decided nah. First good night sleep I had in 3 or 4 days, felt good. (Plus I was saving up for the dry lake bed :innocent0009: )

Paul