Nugget Shooter Forums

Patch Hunting Pays Off Sunday--Vulture Gold

Yo All....I've been doing a lot of patch hunting since 2008 rolled around and it's been pretty bleak...But I've been doing my research and following my gut...Today I was out riding around in the Vulture Mine area and got out on a narrow high ridge... I happened to notice an ironstone cap jutting out of the top with a strong quartz blowout next to it...on the other side was a sort of shischt looking seam and also noticed some pyrite scattered down the hill...Then I came upon a short drift into the steep side of the ridge ... I peered down the hill and there was a very tiny wash ... I figured somebody must have been pocket hunting and they probably started in the little wash that was down the hill about 350 feet...So I followed a trail around the ridge and it ended up way down right next to the mouth of the little wash...I hooked up my ol' baboo sd2100 and my14" Nuggetfinder E mono...I dropped down into the wash :icon_mrgreen: and worked slowly up about 10 feet up until I suddenly got a screamer that was up on the bench of the wash...Nulled out my headphones.. :headphones: ..Beer can, fer sure, I said to myself, but went ahead and dug it...It looked like this dirty old rock was making the noise, but when I picked it up, there was a tiny little fleck of gold sticking out and it was heavy...I spit on it and rubbed....Wow...So it turned out to be this very coarse beauty, 22.5 grams, just shy of 3/4 ounce.. :woohoo: ..It's only come down the hill and doesn't appear to have ever traveled in the wash itself...The photos don't do it justice...Cheers, Yer Happy Unc in the Dubyah

post-9-1209952642_thumb.jpg

post-9-1209952664_thumb.jpg

post-9-1209952682_thumb.jpg

post-9-1209952695_thumb.jpg

Nice going Ron,

That is one of prettier ones I've seen in awhile.

I think with the way you have been approaching your prospecting

it was only a matter of time.

All the best,

Flak

HEY BOY, YOU SURE DESERVE THAT BEAUTY..............I'M REALLY HAPPY TO SEE YOU COME ACROSS SOMETHING LIKE THAT AFTER YOU'RE "GOOD DEED". THE LAW OF AVERAGES IS TAKING CARE OF YOU.

GOOD GOIN SONNY BOY. !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a really nice one Ron :icon_mrgreen: as Frank stated what comes around goes around :innocent0002: now if I can just get my pin back and only then will the law of karma be complete :innocent0002: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hey Mike...send me a mailing address and I'll get it off to you right away...Cheers, Ron

Thats a really nice one Ron :icon_mrgreen: as Frank stated what comes around goes around :innocent0002: now if I can just get my pin back and only then will the law of karma be complete :innocent0002: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

WOWSA WOWSA WOWSA.... :whoopie: :whoopie: :whoopie:

Beautiful specimen for sure. Nice job of detecting.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

HMMM, late birthday present from the Gold Gods I guess! :laught16:

Hey Unc:

It's called karma!!! You found the pin and returned it to it's rightfull owner and now you get rewarded for your good deed. Man what a gorgeous nugget. Congrats !!!

:idea: -Do think so--Ron was probably rubbin my lucky pin and the Jen led him the way :headphones: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hey Unc:

It's called karma!!! You found the pin and returned it to it's rightfull owner and now you get rewarded for your good deed. Man what a gorgeous nugget. Congrats !!!