Nugget Shooter Forums

Very Cool Find With Nugget Attached

Yo All... A few weeks ago I was out hunting an old hammered patch and got an absolute screamer that I figured had to be a bottle cap or ?...It was only down about 2" and caked with caliche...Turned out to be my most unusual find ever...It seems to be a custom pin, with a nugget and art on a silver dime base...A couple feet away I found the clip on part that holds the pin onto your hat or jacket or whatever (Apparently not very well)...I think it's cool...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

post-9-1209351450_thumb.jpg

post-9-1209351468_thumb.jpg

:icon_mrgreen: Now after 50+ years of mining I finally get to see something unique and your da man Unc Ron :twocents: Thats a GREAT find-Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Well, Guys...Guess who lost the pin I found????....Our very own Mike C. .... I'm very happy to get it back to its rightful owner ...And I'm doubly happy it's a friend of mine... :whoopie: ...'Course, now Mike has to turn me on to 10 new secret spots... :woohoo: :woohoo: ... Cheers, Unc

Hey Cuz,

That is a pretty cool find, and to find the owner right off the bat, cool as well.

Looks like it was made with a Rosie dime...date looks like 37 or 57 or ??? Not a coin expert...

Thanks for sharing!

Cuz Gary

Gold and Silver in one shot how often does that happen? Cool find.

And jewelry..all in one! WTG :whoopie:

That must be mikes lucky rub pin LOL he was rubbin it and got a screamer and out of excitment dropped the pin when thinking he was sliding it into his pocket.

SO whats the real story Mike??? :Huh_anim]:

We'll I'll be darned! I remember when Mikey lost that pin and he was purly upset over it because it was hand made by his buddy Rick.

Geeze Ron that makes you a hero! :woohoo: :whoopie: :whoopie:

Hey thanks for the acupuntcure tip, but I'm feeling a bit better now and needles scare the heck out of me :WOW:

Good hunting, Bill

That's awesome Ron! Now all you need to find is my wedding band. Kinda funny that detectorists loose stuff and can't find it too. :tisc-tisc: Later...Jim P.

Hi all I was making my rounds on the various forums last night and I seen rons post so I clicked on it and I could'nt beleive my eyes there was the pin that I lost last year when I was rompin around on my atv-I did'nt know I lost it it till the end of the day and I had been all over the place-I did'nt have a clue as to where to start so I left it for lost- :outtahere: -well I had told Bill about it and if he ever found it that it was mine but I never told Ron about it and I guess I should have :innocent0009: After I seen it I PMed Ron and told him the story--Ron did'nt hesitate at all about giving it back-I even offered him a finders fee which he declined-but he does want me to show him a patch :hmmmmmm: -this says alot about Ron and I'm glad to know people like him-my hats off to you Ron :bowdown: that pin does have some sentimental value to me-years ago a very good friend had bought the fire opal miner cab at a rock shop in prescott valley and made the bezal for it and gave it to me-so yes it is one of a kind :headphones: -Thanks Ron :woohoo: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hello Ron,

That is a cool find , but the only problem I see about the area you found it in is that Mike has been there and cleaned all the Gold off that spot already .

:innocent0009:

Mike , that's cool that Ron gave it back to you . Kudo's to Uncle Ron :wubu:

Hi Mike (K)...Where I found it is on of one of MY old patches...Mike came in and worked the peremeters and found a few bits a time or two, but the pin was found in the middle of the trail where I think he got his head whacked on a cats claw over hang....

Glad to have it turn out as it has...Mike PM'd me that he so happy that he's going to give me all the nuggets he finds between now and Dec. 31.(I think that's what he meant...I may have to reread the email :innocent0009: ...Very generous, I think, but I'll go a head and accept ..The least a friend can do... :icon_mrgreen: :laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16:

Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Hello Ron,

That is a cool find , but the only problem I see about the area you found it in is that Mike has been there and cleaned all the Gold off that spot already .

:innocent0009:

Mike , that's cool that Ron gave it back to you . Kudo's to Uncle Ron :wubu:

Unc,

Its guys like you and many others I've met in the last 4 years that have helped me move from being a loner to one who enjoys prospecting with others. Kudo's to ya, your a good man. Now just make sure you leave a few pieces of gold in the hidden patches. :laught16::laught16:

OL'29er

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all I received my long lost pin that I thought I would never see again :headphones: How lucky is it for someone you know to find your pin and post it on the best gold forum around and one I frequent every day-I guess the pin was ment to be mine :innocent0002: I want to give a big thanks to Uncle Ron and I owe you a secret patch just say when- :angry-smiley-010: -Ron as far as I'm concerned you showed your true nature when you could of said &^%$#@ :innocent0002: --Thanks-Mike C... :ph34r2: