Nugget Shooter Forums

Paging Jayray

Hi Jason

I'm wondering if there is a mineral museum in Las Vegas or surrounding area :confused0013: ?? If so do they have any NV or AZ space rocks :hmmmmmm: ?? I have some NV space rocks looking for a home soon :innocent0009: . Happy Huntin John B.

John, your the greatest. I was in Butte mt. last weekend for the gold show put on by Allen Corneliusen[Allen in Mt.] and while there I visited the Mineral Museum . I talked to Dick Berg who is in charge of the museum and he told me to thank you again for the Meteorites and rocks that you sent to the Museum last summer. Right now Dick is in the process of creating a place just for Meteorites in the Museum. The Butte Gold Show was a great success. Maureen won a 1Gm. gold neckless at the show.

Harry

Hi Harry

Well at least there are 2 of us that think I'm great :laught16: !! Did Dick show you the care package I sent him :confused0013: ?? It was a little bit of everything. at least a dozen different space rocks ( slices and complete stones), several tektites, impact glass, and volcanic glass :hmmmmmm: !! I hope he likes em and puts em to good use :whoopie: !! I think I made you a semi celebrity there :shrug: !! Happy Huntin John B.

JB, Well I'm back from the depths of finals week...and only for a few days, then next semester starts. Yes, LV has the Natural History Museum, across from the Lied Children's Discovery museum. I believe they have meteorites there, but it's been a couple of years since I've been down there. I almost forgot what a space rock looks like until I saw Del's latest find. Plus, I'm retired now, doesn't that mean I should be hunting space rocks all day long??????

I guess everyday isn't a Saturday, more like a Monday. Jason :;):

Fred, actually I enlisted in the DEP program in late '87, and came in seven days after graduation. I guess it's all the space rocks keeping me young :Huh_anim]: ...They say space will do that to a person :innocent0009: ...although gravity sure has a way of pulling down my waistline. :laught16: :laught16:

Jason :;):