Nugget Shooter Forums

Security Problems taking 4000 to OZ??

I'm going to be leaving for Western Australia soon and have started worrying about packing the control box. I suspect there is a battery in the control box to keep the settings refreshed, and if so, that will cause airport security fits.

Anybody went thru security with their 4000? Was it packed in checked baggage or carry on. Any problems?

I've never had problelms with earlier models, but this is a new critter.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary

I went to Alaska on a plane in 93 to Nome and each time they ask me to turn it on when I change planes.They wanted to hear it working and so if you don't have a speaker on it be sure to have your headphones.

The best thing may be not to carry it on but check it in and have it in a good strong case. :twocents:

Chuck

:icon_mrgreen: I ship mine way ahead of me. TOOO many hassles now carrying that extremely complex electronic device :Huh_anim]: --airport security averages a 9th grade education and criminals make great employees . Big hassle to Kauai and STILL trying to retrieve one from Costa Rica,almost a year now :angry-smiley-010: !!!!John

:icon_mrgreen: I ship mine way ahead of me. TOOO many hassles now carrying that extremely complex electronic device :Huh_anim]: --airport security averages a 9th grade education and criminals make great employees . Big hassle to Kauai and STILL trying to retrieve one from Costa Rica,almost a year now :angry-smiley-010: !!!!John

I flew with my 4000 less than a year ago when security was really hi. I also brought a whites mxt. Basicly what i did was send all the expendable stuff like the poles and conecting equipment in my luggage and the control eads in a walk on. Al they did was pass the walkon through a xray machine and to tell you the truth the new thier was a 4000 and gear"three search heads i ncluding a 16 in mono nf,yeas i head a ton of jokes about my steering wheel" in my walk on. They could have cared less. They didnt do any extra security checks because of my machinery.

Anyways I would not ship anything worth what a 4k's control head is worth through the luggage on any plane. Things turn up missing and they doso many rnadom checks ow on luggage I dont wwant any of them handling it! I flew American and I also only flew from LA to Atlanta with one layover.

Hope this helps.

Gordon

I took a detector to Honduras last year and didn't have any problems. When I arrived in Honduras, customs opened my bags and saw it and simply asked what it was for. I thought I would have problems but it went smooth. You might want to carry the user manual or something in your carry on in case they ask questions and you can show them it is a detector.