Nugget Shooter Forums

First Meteorite Find

Well it had to happen sooner or later, I left home wednesday to setup a highbanker and pump but did'nt feel like it when I arrived at Gold Basin. So I grabbed my best friend Mr. GMT and decieded to walk around instead, GLAD I did I bagged my 1st G.B. Meteorite not that big 8.3 grams but DEFINATELY A "PICKER". Now I feel like a part of the Meteorite Forum :twocents: :laught16: :icon_mrgreen: :innocent0009: Happy Huntn to all

GBMETEORITE006.jpg

Very nice Frank....now ya got to get a Franconia.... :laught16:

but do be careful them space rocks ca nbe habit forming....Ask Stan,Del,Wayne or any of them other hunters..... :laught16:

Very nice Frank....now ya got to get a Franconia.... :laught16:

but do be careful them space rocks ca nbe habit forming....Ask Stan,Del,Wayne or any of them other hunters..... :laught16:

Yep.. I second that Rick! I started out hunting for gold, found a few nuggets (nothing special) then got turned onto meteorite hunting. I still love gold and I occasionally hunt for it... but hey I'm having better luck with meteorites. :shrug:

Congrats on your find there Frank!

Del

Well it had to happen sooner or later, I left home wednesday to setup a highbanker and pump but did'nt feel like it when I arrived at Gold Basin. So I grabbed my best friend Mr. GMT and decieded to walk around instead, GLAD I did I bagged my 1st G.B. Meteorite not that big 8.3 grams but DEFINATELY A "PICKER". Now I feel like a part of the Meteorite Forum :twocents: :laught16: :icon_mrgreen: :innocent0009: Happy Huntn to all

GBMETEORITE006.jpg

Frank,

sweeeet!!!!

not to long ago I found my first piece. A great feeling ehhh!

Like the great folks on this forum told me---It gets easier after your first find. Make sure and keep your first find it will bring you good luck!

Dean

Congrats on the first one.Now go out there and find more! :innocent0009:

Looks like that GMT is starting to get a following.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

GBMETEORITE006.jpg

Frank,

When you brought that by this morning for me to identify and gave me that look..... :scare: I could read your mind.....saying (Please be a meteorite). I thought back to the club meeting and how you set me up to guide an outing. I will admit that I had a bit of a temptation to :smilie_pinoc: toy with you for awhile, but then I did not want to spoil that magic moment when you find out that what you found is actually the real mcCoy. I have seen that look many times and have enjoyed seeing it turn to :woohoo: ....... As I said this morning.........Congratulations on your first space rock. There will be many more to follow.

Jim

Thanks Gentleman, I appreciate the good words. :coffeetime:

And I also would like to express my gratitude to Paleface for his never ending hospitality and willingness to share his experience and vast knowledge with me, Believe me Jim you are a rare person and sincerly appreciated. Thank You