Nugget Shooter Forums

OMG!

I just played with my new 4500 just a bit...just here at home...Folks this is really something. Again more than expected and I will be out this weekend with some other new owners for a bit odf testing. JP has been filling you in on some of the new functions and all I can say is WOW!

As always reading is reading and in the field is where the real test will be.....

More to come :innocent0009:

Bill who is one happy camper :icon_mrgreen:

JP has been filling you in on some of the new functions and all I can say is WOW!

As always reading is reading and in the field is where the real test will be.....

More to come :innocent0009:

Bill who is one happy camper :icon_mrgreen:

Hi Bill, let me know if you want any help on settings etc. I have a funny feeling the GPX4500 is going to be very popular in the US.

JP

I guess i am excited about this new machine.I could not sleep last night pondering all the possibilities. :confused0013:

I feel like a kid on Christmas eve..One more day.One more day :grrr01: .

JP Any light you could shed on operation would be most helpfull. :bowdown:

hi jp,

i have a gpx 4000 and tomorow owner of the gpx 4500.

i live in the netherlands and use the detector for relic and jewelery hunting!!

with great succes i can say, the iron disc is not to bad at all at the gpx 4000, butt how about the 4500 is the disc even better?

regards marcel,

The GPX4500 discrim has been altered in the way the numerical adjustments work, with every single increase in number you are increasing the discrim effect by a factor of 3 compared to the 4000. This was done to try and give operators a definite and obvious change between selections. Essentially the discrim is the same as the 4000 just with more movement between individual selections.

JP

...so in other words, it's ten times more inefficient...

(just kidding - joke)

And seriously JP, a discriminator on a PI just don't seem to

make that much sense...I would never be able to walk away from

a signal on the basis of the discriminator alone...

hows the editing coming?

Flak

:coffeetime: Ok guys I'm waiting here for the reports on the new deeper beeper--How do you like it--How much better is it really--wheres the pounds of gold found with it from the old patches- :innocent0009: -I know its a little early but surely you all know something by now-- :hmmmmmm: -I'm sure it will be better than the 4000 but how much better--was it worth the 5k :headphones: --Mike C... :ph34r2:

Mike C and all Here is my take,

Will it make a novice a pro right from the start. No.Just because it takes time just to be able to notice the faint signals,The presets are nice,But you guy,s know if you are looking for screamers plan on digging trash.

Also it is complicated with all the options.It will take some field work to master this one the way i had the 4000 down.

On a good note after 4 hrs of using the machine there are some very nice improvements.

One thing right off i noticed using my test nugget that the machine was hitting on it at a better distance Maybe 20%.Also on this area, We have been hitting this place hard,When i sold my 4000. i found a dink and had grided a small area.I used a joey and the nugget finder 14 elip.That said Mr Southern found a nugget about a foot away from the one i found.He was using the stock coil in DD.It was a good signal,But not one a novice would have noticed.Plus hell it was Bill.But i feel i covered it well with the 4000.

Just finding targets in a beaten area that i have hit is a good sign,I did not use the DD coil so i do not know about the discrimanation but Bill can say more on that.

It was smoother and stronger. I feel that they have given us more depth with this machine.

I liked the deep and enhaced modes.

I can see that the stabalizer works as they said but be carefull adjusting it as it will trade off sensitivity for smoothness.

Is it worth the funds. Yes Only if intend to put in the time,You will not go into this green and trip over a big one,Well there is begginers luck. :Huh_anim]:

That is all i can say for know,Only a few hrs in to it and i need another 40 to 60 hrs till it will be comfortable to me.

On a side note.If i was just getting into this hobbie but wanted a good detector i would say get a used 4000.The prices are right on them and if you end up with it sitting in a closet you could sell it for a fair return.If you have the intestinal fortitude and the funds.Why not get the best of the best :twocents:

Hi Denny thats a good unbiased non dealer report- :coffeetime: -looking foward to more reports- :icon_mrgreen: -I would like to go with someone who has the 4500 and compare non disturbed faint signals with my 4000-I know the 4500 is better but how much better :headphones: --any takers-I know Bill won't-anyone else :innocent0009: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Late edit----Hi Denny how does the battery amp combo work--I might try and get one for my 4000--

Mike C Since the learning curve is what it is.I imagine one would need at least 60 hrs in the field before they could give a good lesson on all the aspect,s of this machine. :innocent0002:

I used a 4000 Battery most of the time,As mine needed to charge.I did use the 4500 battery for a short time and did notice clean boost.I did not have an external speaker.So do not know that yet. :confused0013:

Mike i do not think i would go 4000/4000 with you.That is a bad bet..We already did the 3000/3500 at Gold Basin .Was that nugget in my inspect hole or footprint :outtahere:

I wish i had the time to test in on some patches out here.As i,am confident it would produce. :twocents:

Maybe JP could give some better insight and a few tips for us . :innocent0009:

Hi Denny I think you have me mixed up with someone else as I never found a nugget in your foot print at gold basin as far as I know :confused0013: -I'm not comparing who's the best here :confused0013: --its kind of like that movie on any giving sunday-if you know what I mean-up on your game one day :headphones: down the next :tisc-tisc: -I simply want to know how much better the 4500 is on faint deep targets :coffeetime: and what better than a in field test on undisturbed targets :headphones: Well it looks like I'll have to have a 4500 battery-Bill how much are they-Mike C... :ph34r2:

Went out today to an old patch to see how the 4500 stacks up and if I was lucky score a few signals and maybe some footage for the upcoming DVD. Well I had a ball and have come home wondering what the heck I'm doing mucking around with computers etc when I can go out and make 500 big ones in only a couple of hours of beeping time. :icon_mrgreen:

Have found the Enhance timings are a little more jittery than the Smooth so there needs to be some fine tuning done with Motion and Stabilizer to even things out, but WOW these new timings are something else!!! :headphones: Straight up I hit a faint little bulge in the threshold which my gut said to dig, but because I haven't been out in a while left with just a basic scrape to then come back after 15 or so and check it again once I got my ear in. Yep the flex in the surface tension of the theshold still remained with a definate left and right repeatable whisper signal both ways, so down I went until I got pulled up short by what looked like charcoal. Just as I was about to do a war dance I decided to re-check the signal and made my mind up that this was not just a piece of conductive ground I was dealing with and sure enough punching through the charcoal I hit gritty gravels and then puggy clays.

A long story short I had my first bit of chunky gold for the morning with fuel money now a given rather than a possibility (2.7 grams or an Hawaii 5 OH depending on how you look at it. :woohoo: ) so I decided to really step out and go for some cream which resulted in another signal not too long after, once again in and around where we have scored nuggets for the past 12 years with every new machine. This signal was a definite right from the get go, but in all other modes including Smooth I would not have bothered if I had not known it was there in the first place. Digging down through the iron rich surface loam I once again hit gritty gravels and then the pug so knew I was onto a good thing, a few more belts with the pick and out popped a 12. 6 gram chunk of glitter (in my eyes anyway :whoopie: ) with the mornings total reaching close on the lovely 1/2 oz mark. The best part was I got it all on film and can now edit away to my hearts content, although I have to tell you it's going to be hard work knowing I can step out beeping for a few hours and make that sort of money!! :hmmmmmm:

This might sound a little smug, but I recon I could make a living at this caper :ROFL: :whoopie:

JP

Pics of the GPX4500 nuggets, that ground is noisier than a cow bell on corrugations.

post-115-1208155411_thumb.jpg

post-115-1208155435_thumb.jpg

post-115-1208155457_thumb.jpg

Thanks JP every little bit helps.

I have no doubt that this detector is better than the 4000.

That said It is not something that you can just pick up and go.

If it was not for the prior 4000 experience ,I would have been floundering with this machine, :headphones:

Hi All,

I second what is already being said about the new 4500 and it is going to take a bit more messing with settings to get me totally tuned in to it. That said, I got 3 small nuggets at a beat patch in the Dome area that was used to test the detector with a variety of coils, two were found with the 8 mono and one with the stock 11 DD. I have not tried any aftermarket coils yet due to my stubborn habit of testing with stock equipment before using aftermarket products.

I will have more to say later, but still only have a few hours on this machine, but hope to get out this weekend for a day or so...

Worth the $$? simply...YES

Bill

Well hell I was there overnight Mikey... Didn't call it quits. 1 nugget per hour??? :confused0013: Camped out and had a good ol' time. Sorry. but didn't bother with photos before throwing them in the jar it is 3 out of these here... Honestly not sure which 3 for sure, but two are on the left ? Blake, Dennis????

What is up with the attitude??? If'n ya don't like the idea of a new beeper don't sweat it man.... Must have been the few hour comment :laught16: I wish it would have been one an hour and I'd still be there.

Cheers, Bill

post-3-1208391284_thumb.jpg

Hi BS-no sweat here-I simply wanted to know how the 4000 stacks up to the 4500--I know the new one is better--they always are-- but how much better :confused0013: -I know its early still but - Denny was the only one who I feel gave a honest evaluation-Thanks Denny :headphones: Adios-Mike C... :ph34r2:

Mike C and all

I think Bill being a dealer did not want to push it to much because it can look bias. :innocent0002:

My buddy finally got to try his machine,

He avoided the stabalizer to make it a simpler start.I had to do that to keep from going nut,s.

Hard to break old habit,s.And when you know somthing so well it is sometimes hard to re learn,Well at least for me.

He went to the most pounded area he knows of He found several targets and one nugget,

I,am sure he will post later.We agree that the 4500 is quite a bit better than the 4000.

And that is only after a few hrs of use. There will be in time some good info for the masses;

Well at least from the sharing short.

I feel that the next 2 upgrades will be skipped by me.I just can not see how they can inprove on this one,

If you have the cash and know of a few good patches id get one and get the gold :twocents: