Nugget Shooter Forums

A Big Congrads to Goldstudmuffin

John B.

Hi All

Mr Goldstudmuffin Russ stopped by the house today with his piece of quartz gold he recently found :outtahere: . He wanted me to preform a specific gravity test on it to determine its Approximate gold content :confused0013: . I was more than happy to do it and it's no big deal and reasonably simple test to preform :shrug: . I have an affliction for specimen gold it has always been some of my most favorite finds :whoopie: . I would always prefer to find specimens to pounded up nuggets :twocents: . Well Russ has a nice piece that contains just shy of 23 dwt or 1.15 troy ounces :innocent0002: . Congrads Russ :bowdown: !! Of course it was mandatory to get exact locations of the find before I preform the test :brows: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Well Mr Goldstudmuffin Russ,

Congrats. I hope John didn't beat you up to badly trying to get the cords.

OL'29er

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi John and All,

Thanks guys, but this is the 7.7 ounce specimen that was found about 6 weeks ago and I just found out how much gold was in it. At that time I posted some pictures that were a little blury, :grrr01: A couple weeks later I post some better pictures that were actually in focus and you could see how much gold there was. I took the pictures off so they wouldn't take up memory and help the forum run smother. :innocent0002: I'll put the pictures back up if anyone didn't get a chance to see them.

A big thanks to John B for the warm welcome and opening his home and taking the time do the specific gravity test. It was very cool to watch John go to work on the specific gravity test and then plug in the formula to come up with the gold content. :smrt1: He then put the specimen in his gem oro supersonic cleaner and cranked it up to brighten up the gold. I think he was hoping to shake a couple of grams loose so he could pan it off later. :laught16: I guess I finally found a nugget that John B likes, :hmmmmmm: he's not that impressed with big pounded up desert nuggets. :sadwalk: Personally I like the big desert slugs that have catus growing out of them!!!! :wink2: Thanks again John!!! :wubu:

Hi Mr Goldstudmuffin Russ and All

Russ maybe you should post pictures again :confused0013: . I'm certain these guys have slept since you last posted the pictures and they long ago forgot :Huh_anim]: :laught16::laught16: !! Maybe you should trade me that specimen for a treasure mate pinpointer :coffeetime: . I'ld do the trade if you throw in a hundred bucks on top of that specie :innocent0002: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Hi Russ

Are you refering to our trade of info on secret spots :confused0013: ??? If so you and Scotty will do real well :innocent0002: !! But don't let me down and let the cat outa the bag :hmmmmmm: :Huh_anim]: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi John,

Yup! I like trading with you John. :woohoo: I've made a couple of bad trades in the past with somebody else. :hump9: I learned my lesson about who to trade with! :pukes: