Nugget Shooter Forums

What do you think?

Found this while out on a dry lake bed. It has no magnetic pull.

It does have what looks like to be chondrules all over it. That is what caught my eye.

Tell me what you guys think (you never know) might be something good.

Odds are probably not, but it never hurts to try.

Picture067.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Thanks

Mike

Found this while out on a dry lake bed. It has no magnetic pull.

It does have what looks like to be chondrules all over it. That is what caught my eye.

Tell me what you guys think (you never know) might be something good.

Odds are probably not, but it never hurts to try.

Picture067.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

Possibly a Granulite with plagioclase. Just a guess though.

Mike in CO

Mike, I could not find any similar rock or mineral in my book...if does look a bit like a piece of conglomerate I picked up near Jacumba, california...it turned out to have fossilized clasts of some seeds from Mexico...which looked a lot like chrondules...

Fred

That soft looking, chalky, almost pumice looking material throws me too. Looks a bit sedimentary. Granulite is similar but the rock matrix there appears more solid and harder. So my original guess may have been way off. I have to leave it with a "don't know".

Mike in Co

One other thought, Mike...many years ago I found something similar down around Queen Creek, Az which was some type of minable mineral ( I think it was high in aluminum stuff) which was once mined down that way...maybe a question to Reno Chris would help solve the mystery...

Fred

Will put a Little window in it. Just shows that the chondrule looking thing are inside it and just not on top of it.

The chondrule-looking things remind me of what we used to call "grape agate" when I lived in AZ, but I don't remember it with a white matrix. So, I would say that it is not a meteorite. Probably agate balls that have been naturally cemented together with another material (quartz or feldspar?) to form a conglomerate.

Regards,

Bob