Nugget Shooter Forums

Check this out!!!

Wayne, that sure is interesting indeed!!!! The front looks good, but the back sure is strange, especially the flat spot on the right corner (maybe where you filed to make sure). How is GB these days??? I need to get down there in the very near future. Jason :;):

Aloha Wayne,

I see you are still coming up with some interesting specimens from GB. I wish I could get out more but with my new job and me doing some research on a couple of new sites I intend on hunting later, time is scarce.

As soon as I am able to get out to GB I will shoot you a pm.

Keep up the good work.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi All

Well!! This is one that has been sitting around since last summer. Did not want to contaminate real meteorites with earth stones :laught16::laught16:. Pays to drag it home if theres any question. Several rockologists would not venture a guess.( Basaltic ) However on this past Sat It was looped by a well known hunter who thought it may be an Achondrite. The problem is my window is not far enough into the specimen. If indeed this is an orientated specimen the edges may not tell the story. I really do not want to cut this piece but will soon.

Good to hear from you Stan!! and Jason!! no I haven't been to GB in a month. I think we need a get together real soon. Been kicking rocks in other areas. :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks all.

Wayne

I finally got together with my boss and worked out a day off schedule which should work for both of us. I will be having mondays and tuesdays off for awhile so if anyone is up to going to GB I am willing. I will be getting my jeeps u-joints replaced next week and it should be ready to rock and roll in two weeks.

Wayne, once I get my jeep fixed I will be in touch.

Aloha and keep on "rocking",

Stan aka Kaimi

Check this Out. Wierd.!!! I have not seen this one in GB before. Help

Wayne

Notice anything comparable between your WEIRD specimen and this beautiful oriented meteorite.....??

http://www.treasure-hunting-info.com/GoldMaster/ktutmm.htm

Jim

Hi Jim

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the pic's. I tried Metbull (it was down) & everywhere I could to identify the pic you sent. Thought maybe that was all you had. Received some more info. It sure does look similiar. I put a couple more pic's & the weight on my website.

Thanks again

Wayne :icon_mrgreen: