Nugget Shooter Forums

Dealing With The High Cost Of Fuel & Everything Else

The 7KW Onan generator in my RV burns about 1.5 gallons of gas per hour. I seldom use it because it is such a pig but Walmart came out with a 1200 Watt 4 Stroke Generator for $174 (now $183) and I couldn't pass it up.

I couldn't be happier with it. It starts on the 1st pull and now has about 200 hours on it. (Notice the hour gauge I added)

The best part is it runs for about 9 hours on a bit less than a gallon and a half of gas.

I won't use it much now because the days are getting longer and my solar panels put out all I need during the daytime and my batteries are good for a few hours after sundown. Batteries have doubled in price in the last year too, and mine didn't take a beating this winter like they did the last few years because of the generator so I should be able to squeeze a couple extra years out of them.

hourmeter.JPG

It's hard to beat the Chicom crap, especially when is so friggin cheap at wallyworld.

Steve, I have some friends who are now retired from the Snowmobile Division of Yamaha. One was the head engineer and is in the Snowmobile Hall Of Fame. He saw the generator and couldn't believe they can make it for that cheap, let alone make a profit. He did say that like Japan, China is improving the quality of the things they make. I change oil every 50 hours, at his suggestion, rather than every 100 hours as their book recommends.

Slim, now if can just convert it to run off the methane you get fron your potty, you wouldn't have to buy gas, you could just make it :laught16::laught16: :coffeetime: Grubstake

Slim, now if can just convert it to run off the methane you get fron your potty, you wouldn't have to buy gas, you could just make it :laught16::laught16: :coffeetime: Grubstake

I received this in an email tonight.....

I went into the gas station today and asked

for five dollars worth of gas. The clerk farted and gave me a receipt1

Gary

Slim, sorry for the sarcasm, but in Nam I was shot by a Chicom made bullet from a Chicom made gun by a soldier probably trained by the Chicom military. I boycotted China most all of my life and now it is just impossible to find just about anything that is not made there. Leaves a sour feeling. I also remember when Wallmart was first spoken off. MADE IN AMERICA by Americans was their pitch and how good Wallmart was for the USofA. At least I can say my Jewelry is 100% proudly made in America!

The world will probably be filled with Chinese cars before too long. I think they make most of the parts already. "Made in USA" now means "Partly Assembled In USA".

Slim, sorry for the sarcasm, but in Nam I was shot by a Chicom made bullet from a Chicom made gun by a soldier probably trained by the Chicom military. I boycotted China most all of my life and now it is just impossible to find just about anything that is not made there. Leaves a sour feeling. I also remember when Wallmart was first spoken off. MADE IN AMERICA by Americans was their pitch and how good Wallmart was for the USofA. At least I can say my Jewelry is 100% proudly made in America!

I also look for the "Made In America" when I make purchases. The saying "Buy American, the job you save may be your own" comes to mind. But like you said, its getting very hard to find anything Made In America these days.

Seabee John, it is quiet enough for me. The benefit far outweighs the noise. They say it's 68 decibels I think.

I should point out that they only sell them online but they will deliver it to your local Walmart for free.

Slim, that's a great bargain. I've had a Honda 2000 for a few years and it is both reliable and a gas miser. 29 Prospector and I can simultaneously run his rock hammer and my dry washer. But the price for one is more than five times what you paid. Good buy!!