Nugget Shooter Forums

GPX4500 Speaker Mod

Here is a simple Mod I did to my speaker system for the GPX4500 so I can turn off the speaker without having to go into the detectors menu or wtich off the machine to listen for noises or speak with other operators whilst detecting. I bought the Micro switch from an auto sparky in town, pulled apart the speaker and drilled a hole into the housing to suit then simply busted into the main power wire of the speaker to attach the switch, took me about 10 minutes all up.

JP

Pic of Mod, speaker is just an external speaker for UHF radios (see Bill Southern for availability, most dealers stock these sorts of things these days).

post-115-1206754935_thumb.jpg

Morning JP....I don't believe in external speakers but I am very interested in your take on the

performance of the "4500" opposed to the other great GP's.....my interest is mainly in increased

depth and the use of after market coils....Thanks

Morning JP....I don't believe in external speakers but I am very interested in your take on the

performance of the "4500" opposed to the other great GP's.....my interest is mainly in increased

depth and the use of after market coils....Thanks

All the GP series machines get similar outright depth performance when used in Normal timings (although the GPX4500 should provide better performance over previous models because they run quieter thanks to SETA), however whe the new timings are used especially the Enhance timings you should see a considerable increase in performance especially if the ground is heavily mineralised. Enhance will provide greater sensitivity to small gold and better depth on larger gold a depth especially when compared to the Smooth timings.

All aftermarket coils work fine with the GPX4500 including the new GoldStalker coils from Coiltek.

Don't discount DD coils either, there is a new timing called Sharp which provides a much stronger magentic field cmpared to Nromal timings and uses about 20% more power from the battery, this timing might be a little noisy with mono's but does have potential with DD's.

Hope this helps,

JP

G'Day JP

How's it going mate? I wish I had a 4500, but I'm still cruisin' with the 3000 it's still a great machine. One of these days I might be able to catch up to all you blokes. How's the family? Any great finds lately?

Cheers

Johnno

Thanks for the quick reply JP...all info is a great help....hope your going to be bringing out a new

instruction CD on the GP4500 before I buy one....until then my GP3000 is still finding gold...probably

will find more with the new Goldstalkers from Coiltek....

Johnno the "billy" is always on if your a mind to head this way someday......