Nugget Shooter Forums

Update: OHV Bill down but not out

Jim P.

Hi all, just a quick update to let you know that this Bill was voted down (tie vote)by the Natural Resources and Rural affairs committee. But be certain, it's not dead, and probably never will be until they pass something.

Sen. Robert Blendu from Litchfield Park is the leader of the opposition. if you would like to offer support or thanks here's his contact info. rblendu@azleg.gov 602-926-5955

Sen. Jake Flake jflake@azleg.gov 602-926-5219 was the only Republican on the panel to vote for the Bill, he is also the Chairman. I'd say he needs to hear from those of you who oppose this bill. Please offer your reasons for opposition and maybe some alternatives, not attacks for his support of the bill.

The next stop for the Bill was to be the Transportation Committee. Sen. Ron Gould, rgould@azleg.gov 602-926-4138 is that panel's Chairman. I believe he is opposed to the bill, but an email or a phone call might help confirm that stance.

Again, I believe this Bill, in some form or another will pass. We just need to make sure we aren't paying too high a price in terms of our right to access. Thanks for your help and support. Later...Jim P.