Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi Dakota Slim.....I don't know anything about the markets but I sure as hell know how the

dollar is doing down here in Brazil.....It's in a dire need of a "transplant".... in Sept. of 2004

it was 3.80 Reals/ 1 USD......now it's 1.68 Real/ 1 USD......

Ya gotta remember that gold is just a parking place, the hot money is in the stock market and these traders jump in and out of gold and in and out of the market as the news or lack of it drives prices if you want to invest in gold be prepared to take some hits now is not the right time as you can see.....Geo

As the dollar goes down the price of gold goes up. You are not gaining more dollars. The dollar is just worth less. You are not buying or selling the gold with 1990 dollars.

The more dollars they print the less they are worth. The presses are running full speed. Gold will keep going up and the dollar down. The value of gold will stay the same. It's the dollar that looses value and it will take more of them to buy the same amount of gold. :WOW:

As the dollar goes down the price of gold goes up. You are not gaining more dollars. The dollar is just worth less. You are not buying or selling the gold with 1990 dollars.

The more dollars they print the less they are worth. The presses are running full speed. Gold will keep going up and the dollar down. The value of gold will stay the same. It's the dollar that looses value and it will take more of them to buy the same amount of gold. :WOW:

That is an excellent point that I think many people tend to forget (including myself) Gold holds the value, our dollar just sucks at the moment. The entire US economy seems to be stretched as thin as it can go without colapsing (might just happen) Hold is a good store house though. If the price of gold goes down, it just means our Money is worth more :)

Nathan.

Gold isn't the only commodity that just tanked. According to the following article, it was the biggest commodity collapse in at least 50 years. Investors who had poured money into gold, oil and corn, seeking a hedge against inflation and a weak dollar, sold commodities to raise cash or buy stocks.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

This chart (type in gold above the chart where it says Add Security) shows the relationship between the dollar and gold for the last year....

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/cbuilder?ticker1=DXY:IND

Gold isn't the only commodity that just tanked. According to the following article, it was the biggest commodity collapse in at least 50 years. Investors who had poured money into gold, oil and corn, seeking a hedge against inflation and a weak dollar, sold commodities to raise cash or buy stocks.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

This chart (type in gold above the chart where it says Add Security) shows the relationship between the dollar and gold for the last year....

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/cbuilder?ticker1=DXY:IND

This is going to be very interesting to watch.

I heard a very depressing news story. There are money exchange places in other country's that are refusing to take the dollar because they don't want to get stuck with it and have it go down more. What a horrible perception people must be having of our economy right now.

Very well put!!!Thats the truth!!!

I heard a very depressing news story. There are money exchange places in other country's that are refusing to take the dollar because they don't want to get stuck with it and have it go down more. What a horrible perception people must be having of our economy right now.

Thats why gold is good, its always worth something!

Cooter

Thats why gold is good, its always worth something!

Cooter

Yeah but selling gold for dollars that don't buy much of anything is kind of depressing ..... Seems like a bummer. Anyways EASTER BREAK I'M GONNA TRY TO GO GET ME SOME!!! Gold that is.

Here's a couple of reference points my old mining partner, Glenn, used to quote...First, the six pack factor..A certain amount of gold has always purchased a six pac of beer, no matter what year...Second, in '63 three silver dimes would buy a gallon of gas...Today, three silver dimes will still buy a gallon of gas...Glad I got this trivia out of my head.... :laught16: ...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

'Gold isn't the only commodity that just tanked"

Gold may have gone down, but at around $920/oz I would hardley say it's tanked. I am very happy with the now tested $910 support level of gold. Experts still think we will see $1200-$1600/oz gold.

Garimpo! Don't forget Tatter MasH! My grandpa had some one day, he said"I taste the guys socks that plowed the field in that Jar! Grubstake

I think as the economy gets better and you older guys know it will, the price of gold will go down a little and that is ok because all the people that ran out and bought prospecting equipment thinking it was a pice of cake and that they would get rich will start selling there used equipment and we will be able to get good deals on used stuff.

Always look on the bright side.