Nugget Shooter Forums

Well im going on vacation in july, at 1st we where going to go to Arkansas to the crater of diamonds. But as we find out 19 hrs one was is kinda killer. We have a week but thats the only reason I can think to hit up so now we are thinking to hit up California and Nevada. Need some help here on what/where to go and do? I like GOLD/JADE/SILVER/TURQUOISE/OPAL/TOURLAMINE/METEORITES.....THANKS FOR INPUTS-BILLY

Hi Billy

Your a couple months tooo late :angry-smiley-010: !! The worlds best of all the crap you listed and then lots more were down here at the gem and mineral show :Huh_anim]: . You could have saved a bunch on fuel paid for goods and still been cheaper than prospectin :innocent0002: . Heck you wouldn't even crack a sweat :hmmmmmm: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Tourmaline... Outside of San Diego near Pala, Ca. Oceanview Mine. But get your reservations right now, as they are filling up months ahead now.

There are some Trilobite hunting off of Hwy 360 in Ca. Not to far from the hwy, but July will be cooking.

Opal. Northwestern Nevada, Virgin Valley. There are several mines to choose from. The pres of the GPAA chapter in Sacramento, as well as member of the Roseville Rock Rollers found a gorgeous opalized oine cone up there a couple of years back that made a gem/mineral mag cover. I heald it and it was amazing.

And of course, the geode beds outside of Blythe. Again, July will be cooking hot.

Now all this being said, these are from my research and plans for the family. Haven't ventured there yet. Actually, we had reservations at the Oceanview, but got rained out. Bought dirt from the other major mine there and found a lot of smaller tourmaline, and one that is a beautiful 1" long crystal that will make a great ring, someday.

Now, that being said, Sacramento is 11 hours one way, and another maybe 5 to VirginValley, so awfully close to same distance as Crater of Diamonds. Of course we do the Sac->Phx R/T one or two times a year. Crank up the DVD for the kids and cruise control.

We are planning on doing a cross country trip this spring/summer and hitting CofD, as well as some of the emerald and other gem sites in North Carolina. Hit some gold while we are there. Then we might head norht to Montana for some Saphires.

And as John said, can't beat Tucson. We were down there for 3 days in Feb. Spent way to much, but got a load of material and display specimens.

Scott

Hey Scott,

Where are ya gonna dredge this summer?

I haven't set any plans yet. You going to be up in your namesake county this season?

PM to follow.

Scott

Nope, I am going to dredge a claim I have had for a quite few years in Plumas County. It's a small tributary of Nelson Creek. If that does not work out, I may go to my property on the So. Fork of the American in El Dorado County...........

Ok Thanks guy, John I actually made it to Tuscon but my wife didnt go, She wants to hit up san diego so Tourmaline... Outside of San Diego near Pala, Ca. Oceanview Mine sounds good!.....Who knows the heat doesnt really bother me its just sitting out in it allllll day?! You know I could use some GPS CODES to some lake beds for meteorites! John

Hi Billy

(You know I could use some GPS CODES to some lake beds for meteorites! John ) :Huh_anim]: Sooooooooo could I Billy, so could I :hmmmmmm: !! If I did give you some then I have to kill you :laught16::laught16: !! I sure wouldn't want that ! :shrug: ! There are plenty of dry lakes but I'ld pick one in canada for a July hunt !! :tisc-tisc: That is if Canada has any :confused0013: ?? Or your gonna toast . :outtahere: Happy Huntin John B.