Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin

azdigger

Is there going to be any kind of outing/get together at Gold Basin this spring.....I think I am about ready for one, need to get out and play.

:icon_mrgreen:

Hello Rick....Me too....I was thinking of getting out this weekend or next.....Now that I know where the "Gathering Spot" is at GB....Maybe just for the Weekend....lol I just had a month off from the ole salty...It would be nice to meet ya..........jet521 aka Jerry

Short notice but it looks like I will be at Gold Basin on Friday morning and staying all day Friday and over night. Leaving sometime on Sat (maybe).That is the 21st and 22nd of March

Gonna be doing some drywashing if the ground is dry or running a reciculating sluice and trying out

a NEW TO ME Goldmaster GM4B.............

will camp at the usual spot any and all welcome. :icon_mrgreen:

Short notice but it looks like I will be at Gold Basin on Friday morning and staying all day Friday and over night. Leaving sometime on Sat (maybe).That is the 21st and 22nd of March

Gonna be doing some drywashing if the ground is dry or running a reciculating sluice and trying out

a NEW TO ME Goldmaster GM4B.............

will camp at the usual spot any and all welcome. :icon_mrgreen:

Gold Basin? Where is that? :D Is it a club claim? (if so, what club?) I am planning on heading out this weekend with no specific place to detect yet. Was hoping to do an overnighter as well. Sounds interesting if you do not mind a newbie greenhorn in the vicinity of you.

Nathan.

Gold Basin is close to Dolan Springs in AZ and we will be on GPAA Claims but there is places not claimed that could be hunted.

If ya need directions give a shout and I will try to get them posted.

Hey rick.

How is your polaris doing?any mod's or up-grades yet?will have time at the end of march we should hook-up.1st pic is not my polaris this is a friends 500 mine is like the black 500 x2 with new 14" Itp ss rims and 26" tires.

post-1101-1205872511_thumb.jpg

post-1101-1205872689_thumb.jpg

Polaris is doing great, over 6500 miles on it and just oil changes and new tires just put on it.

ITP Mudlites....good tires and 6 ply

Gold Basin? Where is that? :D Is it a club claim? (if so, what club?) I am planning on heading out this weekend with no specific place to detect yet. Was hoping to do an overnighter as well. Sounds interesting if you do not mind a newbie greenhorn in the vicinity of you.

Nathan.

Unfortunately, I will be going to the GPAA outing at Stanton this weekend instead, maybe. Hope you guys have a good one...maybe Rick will make chili. :confused0013: Rick.ther will be there, I think. Maybe you guys want to consider that too....

If you need a GPS coordinate, let me know. I can get that to you later (when I get home): 928 308-1309. When facing the claim towards the nearest mountains (from the campsite), off to the left is unclaimed. I believe a GPAA member may have 2 guests/non-members...if jet51 or AZ digger is a member. I believe they are members.

Here are directions. There are several ways to get there....following someone who is going may be your best bet.

Directions;

If coming across I-40

You have the choice of 93 north to the same turn off through Dolan Springs Rd. or continue into Kingman to Stockton Hill Rd. and head north on Stockton Hill Rd. approx. 41.5 miles to the intersection of Pearce Ferry Rd. and turn right to Greggs Hideout Rd. about 4/10 of a mile on the left . (35 46' 53" , 114 7' 39.8") Take Greggs Hideout Rd (Dirt and gravel rd) 8.42 miles to the north across the second cattleguard (35 53' 5.1" , 114 10' 16.1") turn left at the sign for the GSSN (Gold Seekers of Southern Nevada) claim heading west past these claims and the rd will turn north and when you have traveled approx. 4.5 miles on that rd from Greggs Hideout Rd. you should see camp off to the right (lots of campers) (35 52' 52.2" , 114 13' 47.4" )

There is another road in there ,if heading further north on Greggs Hideout Rd. and you find a big , fresh gravel graded road to the left you can turn left there and go a ways to the West and there will be a turn off to the right that is also a well graded Rd. (fuel trucks travel this to the Fuel depot for the Heliport) just before you get to the heliport turn left and head west to camp approx. 2 miles . I don't have any coordinates for this route as its fairly new and didn't have the GPS with to record the track. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MOTORHOMES OR LONG TRAILERS .

Depending on the location you are coming from to get there you want to head towards Kingman , AZ. .

From Nevada and heading south on 93

Pearce Ferry Rd and the coordinates for that intersection is (NAD27) 35 32' 2.8" , 114 21' 16.1" Greggs Hideout Rd. is approx. 22 miles to the east through Dolan Springs.

If coming across 68 from Laughlin Nv. goto 93 and head north to that same coordinates or the Dolan Springs turn off on Pearce Ferry Rd. .

Hello Rick...Yea short notice...but when ya gotta go :innocent0009: ....lol...Just to let ya know I will be in a White Dodge Dually with a white Camper top on it Hauling a small trailer with the Drab Green Polaris 500 on it...I have to work till 11pm the night before so I should be there about 9-11am on Friday....If your Going to bring Chili ( Let me Know )...I'll bring the Rolls and Onions..I figured the Beans and Bologna Sands on the Tailgate routine...See ya there jet521

Nathan...Hope ya don't get Lost if you do come out...That place is pretty big...I drove around about 2 hrs before I found it...I know the signs will confuse you...but head towards the GPAA Claims...Hope to meet you!

T-Bone...That Polaris is just to Purty to Scratch up....I know ...it looks good.... :confused0013:

Casey....Hope you have a Great time down there in Stanton...I enjoyed seein ya again last month when I was there..Nice weather here in Vegas today so maybe it will be nice for us on Friday and Sat...I wish ya Luck ....jet521

Will be riding an ARTIC CAT Prowler this time, gonna use my fathers side x side this trip....not sure what time we will get there friday but I know it will as early as we can :laught16:

Was not planning chili this time as it is a grab and go trip....maybe at a later outing , Can't have chili and not let John B. get any....he would pout for sure...he loves me and my chili... :laught16:

OK on the Grab and Go...I have Never Met "Mr" John B. but don't ya think he'd look good with that Pouty Lip stickin out? :Huh_anim]: lol...Sorry John B....just kiddin....Maybe one day soon I'll meet you?...Ya sound like a Good Guy with that Hemi...aka that Rock Spreader :innocent0009: :outtahere:

Nathan.

I think the coordinates are

35 52.860N

114 13.849W

You may want to get someones cell number, so they can verify the coordinates once they get there. I am not sure these coordinates are correct....but fairly sure. I think there is cell service there.

Look for GPAA signs, as stated earlier.

Good luck!!....see you all next time.

--Casey