Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paseclipse

Gettin the hang of it...

Del,

Hey fella, we said file a window, not a barn door. :laught16: :;): The inside resembles a few GB L-chondrites that I have seen that were cut and polished. I would proceed and try to get it classified.

Since you stated that it is strongly attracted to a magnet, I would tend to agree with Rob M. as to whether it might be a highly weathered H-5 or 6. Mike is right, it does look just like the one that he windowed.

The outside of that thing sure does not look like a meteorite, the lack of fusion crust, the pitting and the shape, all lend toward meteorwrong. What kind of tumbling action has been afforded in or around that dry lake bed?

Now that you have filed off the flow lines and the lip, plus all the fusion crust, you might just want to give it away. Will send my shipping address unless you would want to meet someplace. :;):

Congratulations on a nice meteorite----wrong----rite, when in doubt...... :idea: small window.

Darn, first time I ever been wrong...... :zapped: At least I was in good company....

Jim

Yeah Jim I really had my doubts too because I thought there for a little bit maybe I hadn't made any finds. :unsure: Thats ok though, because we are all here to learn and I appreciate everybodies feedback. I learned that finds need to be more scrutinized before posting and I will definately do this in the future. Because I would NEVER willingly post any finds if I wasn't 100% sure I was posting the real deal.

I plan on proceeding with the classifications once I finish up my work out there. :ph34r2: :ziplip:

As for the window, yeah I admit I over did it on that, however I wanted to get a good size window.. er.. um.. barn door :laught16: in it because I knew the nickel/iron specks were going to be very small.

I'm not sure about the tumbling action at this particular location. I will say these meteorites were complete with no fractures, chips or anything out of them.

As for giving that to you Jim... sorry buddy :laught16: though I will be happy to show it you you. :;):

I have to give a thanks to everyone here that posted because I appreciate all your comments. Additionally I have to give a shout out to Moni Waiblinger and Jason Utas for their input as well. :wink2:

And a million thanks goes out to Rob Matson, without his input on my finds who knows where they might have ended up, thanks Rob!!. :bowdown: :yourock:

Del

Yeah Jim I really had my doubts too because I thought there for a little bit maybe I hadn't made any finds. :unsure: Thats ok though, because we are all here to learn and I appreciate everybodies feedback. I learned that finds need to be more scrutinized before posting and I will definately do this in the future. Because I would NEVER willingly post any finds if I wasn't 100% sure I was posting the real deal.

I plan on proceeding with the classifications once I finish up my work out there. :ph34r2: :ziplip:

As for the window, yeah I admit I over did it on that, however I wanted to get a good size window.. er.. um.. barn door :laught16: in it because I knew the nickel/iron specks were going to be very small.

I'm not sure about the tumbling action at this particular location. I will say these meteorites were complete with no fractures, chips or anything out of them.

As for giving that to you Jim... sorry buddy :laught16: though I will be happy to show it you you. :;):

I have to give a thanks to everyone here that posted because I appreciate all your comments. Additionally I have to give a shout out to Moni Waiblinger and Jason Utas for their input as well. :wink2:

And a million thanks goes out to Rob Matson, without his input on my finds who knows where they might have ended up, thanks Rob!!. :bowdown: :yourock:

Del

Way to go Del!

Congrats and great photos too.

Dean