Nugget Shooter Forums

My latest find!

Hello all,

This is my latest find while out hunting with the Great Mr Meteorite, Ruben Garcia!

I should mention it only took a month and many many miles of hunting to find this piece! (and a fortune in gas)

Ruben, it was a pleasure to hunt with you! I am itching to hunt Franconia and Holbrook soon!

Next time, grilled steaks, potatoes and green chile are on the menu for sure! :ROFL:

Great hunting to you all.

P.S........do you think this is a meteorite or a meteorwrong.

Dean

3-13th-14th-20084013.jpg

3-13th-14th-20084014.jpg

3-13th-14th-20084015.jpg

3-13th-14th-2008053.jpg

Dean,

Hunting with you was like hunting with a pro! You did very well and I was even a bit envious of that 11 gram beauty. It is the coolest looking small Glorieta I've ever seen. Keep it up dude, there's a big one out there for you.

P.S. How's your knee after that tumble down the hill?

Ruben Garcia

Ruben, Thanks for the good words. And by the way, my SCABERITE is just that and healing every day.

Thanks Del, Ruben anwsered the weight question.

Looks like possible meteorite to me. Think I see what looks to be some shallow thumb prints. I know one quick test, place it on a fairly strong magnet. If it has a tendency to stand on an end/edge then probably man-made iron. If it doesn't seem to care how it sits on the magnet, more than likely a meteorite.

Congrats of the find

Mike in CO

Looks like possible meteorite to me. Think I see what looks to be some shallow thumb prints. I know one quick test, place it on a fairly strong magnet. If it has a tendency to stand on an end/edge then probably man-made iron. If it doesn't seem to care how it sits on the magnet, more than likely a meteorite.

Congrats of the find

Mike in CO

Hi Mike, perhaps you've never seen a Glorieta before? Because there's no question what Dean has found here.

Del

Don't worry Mike. Dean and I are gonna have it tested just to make sure. :nutty:

Just Kidding ....

I've found many, many Glorieta meteorites. I offered him $220.00 on the spot for this one. If he had found this in the local mall, school yard, or up a friggin tree there would have been no doubt that it is a meteorite - no tests needed.

It is indeed one of the finest small siderites (pallasite meteorite without olivine) ever!!!

Here's the question in his first post. "P.S........do you think this is a meteorite or a meteorwrong." I read it, didn't see the "just kidding" thing there so I responded. Me bad. :outtahere:

Rockbiter,

Hey I was just kidding about the meteorwrong meteorite comment. I know for sure it is a 100% Genuine meteorite! After all my meteorwrongs I have found, I knew for sure when I found my first one a couple of months ago that it was the real thing. If you have read my very first post, you will see that Ruben also confirmed it was in fact a meteorite.

I was just trying to prove a point to someone.

I know Colorado holds great potential when the snow melts of course. (look at my first photobucket try on Goldmanmike's post and all the snow my grandson and I tromped around in!! Wow!) I would love to hunt Colo some day soon.

Paul, Goldmanmike, Mr Meteorite, Del, Jayray, Regmaglitch, Rockbiter, Steve and anyone I missed Thanks for the Kudos!!!

Dean

Hi Dean,

I went through the desk drawers and came back with my "read between the lines" glasses. I'm cool now. : )

I'm glad you had what looks to be great success hunting the Glorieta Mountain field. Hope you continue to do well wherever you hunt.

The winter has finally let up here so we are seeing some warmer weather. My 3-1/2 weeks of fighting some crappy virus has passed. Now, if I can get my wind again after the bronchitis, I will be heading out to see what I can find. I'm not so young these days so I bounce back a little slower than I used to. I know, whine, whine.

Once again, congratulations on a great find. Hope you can make it up to Colorado too.

Mike in CO

Rockbiter,

Hey I was just kidding about the meteorwrong meteorite comment. I know for sure it is a 100% Genuine meteorite! After all my meteorwrongs I have found, I knew for sure when I found my first one a couple of months ago that it was the real thing. If you have read my very first post, you will see that Ruben also confirmed it was in fact a meteorite.

I was just trying to prove a point to someone.

I know Colorado holds great potential when the snow melts of course. (look at my first photobucket try on Goldmanmike's post and all the snow my grandson and I tromped around in!! Wow!) I would love to hunt Colo some day soon.

Paul, Goldmanmike, Mr Meteorite, Del, Jayray, Regmaglitch, Rockbiter, Steve and anyone I missed Thanks for the Kudos!!!

Dean

Wow that is one pretty little specimen right there! I wish I had some prime dry lake beds or deserts where I'm located, because so far, I have found nothing concrete, except, well, concrete! :laught16:

Congrats Dean!

WOW!!!!!

Thanks Billy.

This one is quite a bit bigger then the one I showed you in Tuscon.

Any good finds lately?

Dean

Great one to view, Thanks for posting.

H.H.

Thank you Frank.

Everyone on this forum is awesome.

Good hunting all, go get em!

Ruben, if your reading this I just wanted to let you know my scaberite :sick0010: is healing well after that fall.

I hear a 100+ grammer calling my name!!

Dean

Wow that is one pretty little specimen right there! I wish I had some prime dry lake beds or deserts where I'm located, because so far, I have found nothing concrete, except, well, concrete! :laught16:

Congrats Dean!

Thanks Rocco, I think this one will stay with me for awhile. I promised to sell it to Ruben first if I ever do.

Keep hitting it hard, you will find the real thing soon.

It took quite a FEW months of hitting it hard to make my first find.

Oh and I forgot to mention lots of gas!! :broke: