Nugget Shooter Forums

Mining Panel Studies Valley Fever

wonderer

Was in my faverite cheep eatery $2.50 for all you can eat saliad bar and a drink when I saw this - - - - - - - -

Headlines from: The Peoria Republic March 7, 2008 - - - Mining panel studies valley fever - - - Industry link to NW Valley cases posed - - - Artical by Cecilia Chan

Gravel Pits (mining action) on the Agua Fria may contribute to incidents of Valley Fever and deaths in Sun City, Sun City West & City of Suprise............This ought to be an interesting study :coffeetime:

wonderer :icon_mrgreen:

Hi Wonderer, interesting that you brought up the subject of Valley Fever. My Father and his brother both worked at the Anaconda copper mine and others when we lived in Tucson. My Uncle was diagnosed with Valley Fever and it almost took him out but he was able to beat it. I wonder if my Father's death was connected with Valley Fever also. He had some of the same symptoms. But that will be an interesting study indeed. Thanks for posting it. It is strange also that most all of the people in the neighborhood are dead from various types of cancer. I was a teenager when we were in Tucson. But anyway this forum is about prospecting so I won't get too deep into this. CU later Wanderer. Dah Dit Dah

John Tomlinson,CET :icon_mrgreen: :headphones:

Wirechief,

The reason I posted this on the forum was because the proposed study could impact prospecting & mining laws in AZ...............

Mining action (gravel pits) could be required to reduce dust by water mister systems, the laws could spill over to other forms of mining

Could you see misters around a dry washer to keep the dust down :innocent0009: :coffeetime:

wonderer

grubstake,

Yes that would be quite a study & I dought they will ever find a cure :icon_mrgreen:

Iv'e been :skunkkitty2: so far (this year) at the 24K & could use a gold fix to :hmmmmmm:

Hope the weather is inproving in your area so you can get out and take care of that GOLDFEVER :ROFL:

wonderer

Well maybe by next week the weather will be good for detecting, right now, its cold, rain off and on for the next few days. First day of spring they said maybe higher temps. BUT! WEATHER MEN LIE ALOT! Only job I know of where you can get paid for guessing. :laught16::laught16: Grubstake

:angry-smiley-010: Just another excuse to ban mining. The organisms that are the chief problem are surface born under mostly the brush. GOOGLE the disease and you'll see. It is really abundant around Coolgardie and Randsburg--the OC 49er club lost quite a few of the great ol'drywasher types from this,and other,lung diseases from breathing the dust from the blowers. Proper dust control and working mens masks are the answer. Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Yo All...Valley Fever is no fun...I got it when I was about 16 working as a construction laborer in Trona, not too far from Randsburg...All my life whenever I get a chest Xray I have to tell them that I had VF because my lungs were scarred up bad by it...My understanding is that once you have it, you always have it but are immune from having the symptoms any more...Even as young and strong as I was, it put me in bed for about 3 weeks and gave me horrid coughing fits for 6 months sorta like whooping cough...It supposedly is prevalent throught the Mojave and Sonoran deserts....Wear your face mask when dry washing for sure!!!...Cheers, Unc

Yea , had to wear a dust mask underground at Climax Molyibnum Co. (Colo.) to keep from getting rocked up with Quartz dust.

The biggest culperat around here is farming (gota eat), and driving on dirt roads over 5 mph ( guilty ! ) for stiring up the dust.... :twocents:

Wearing and using safety equipment should allways be a #1 pryority at work or in your hobby...........

wonderer

My Uncle never completely got rid of his VF either and just lived with it. But no I certainly don't believe in putting any restrictions on prospecting and mining because of it. You just have to protect yourself best as possible. I plan on being back in Arizona someday to partake of the fun and work of nugget hunting and drywashing. Ok best to all.

John Tomlinson,CET :icon_mrgreen: :headphones: :twocents:

Oh hello Bob D. I hope all is well with ya my friend. I see the ole 29'er is still playing in the dirt.