Nugget Shooter Forums

GPS unit Found

I was detecting in the Rattlesnake Canyon area of SoCal and found someone's GPS unit. If anyone has lost a unit in this area, please contact me via the forum to relay the description. Due to location found, I have to assume the person who lost the unit must be a prospector.

Really cool of you to take the time to seekout some forums and post this up!

It didn't have any secret nugget patches saved in it...did it? :innocent0002: :innocent0009: :icon_mrgreen:

Kinda Ironic to have a lost GPS :laught16:

I hope it finds it's way home.

Blake

:hmmmmmm: I looked at all the waypoints in the attempt to locate the owner, but they did not reveal any clues to the owner's location. No good patches saved. The only remote area saved was that where I found the unit. Most if not all areas saved were in SoCal. Hopefully the owner will see the post and be able to recover his or her GPS unit. I posted the info because I would like someone else to do the same if I lost my GPS. Thanks for the replies so far.

Jason

If you found it next to a Big hole in the ground that Looks like 300lb Nugget came out of it :icon_mrgreen: Its mine I left it there cause I was in a hurry!, Had to run into town and rent a Backhoe from United Rentals to load it in the back of my truck :laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16:

Good thinking Flak....wish I had thought of that....

take the coords of your house and name it: My owners house......

Portuguese: Casa meu patrao

Yeah but with my luck the person that found my GPS would go to my house and steal my detector.

Ken

Ok guys,

I know Gold Seeker very well and your all right about him..... He is one stright up guy. Good prospector and helper also.

Sorry J-Man but I just wanted everyone to know what a great type of person you are. :twocents:

Ol'29er :coffeetime:

keninla,

Yeah, I wondered about that part too Ken,

but I always put my "home" into my gps,

you never know when you'll be lucky enough

to have your lost unit found by someone like

Gold Seeker...

Not to take an ounce of credit from you Gold Seeker,

but remember when this kind of act was considered

normal?

We have come a long way from normal haven't we.

All the best,

Flak

Not me--I always return whatever--whenever possible. If you don't have honesty and integrity--you don't have squat. Kudos for the attempt at returning. Great to see honest miners-Tons a au 2 u 2-John :twocents:

Another reason to have "home" in your GPS is if your in a accident.....heart attack....stroke....

any number of things where you are still alive but unable to communicate to rescuers....

on the other hand if the finder only knows to press #2.....then your screwed big time.... :tisc-tisc:

If you found it next to a Big hole in the ground that Looks like 300lb Nugget came out of it :icon_mrgreen: Its mine I left it there cause I was in a hurry!, Had to run into town and rent a Backhoe from United Rentals to load it in the back of my truck :laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: That's pretty funny. I'll have to remember that if I see a large hole where I'm detecting. I'll detect the heck out of the area. :icon_mrgreen:

Jason

Take the serial number and contact the company, the GPS should be regiostered they might be able to tell you the owners location.... Good Hunting...Geo

:angry-smiley-010: I hadn't thought of that yet. You have a good idea. I'll try to locate the owner through the manufacturer. Thanks.

Jason

G'Day Jason

There are not many people left like you but be warned, I was in a similar situation a few years back. I found a wallet, got all the information out of it, went to the house to return it, I knocked on the door and said I found this wallet, they grabbed it from me, opened it up then looked at me and accused me of stealing it. They said there was money in it and the money was gone. When I found it, there was no money, just some ID cards, but all hell broke loose and I was the evil one. :Huh_anim]:

Cheers

Johnno

G'Day Jason

There are not many people left like you but be warned, I was in a similar situation a few years back. I found a wallet, got all the information out of it, went to the house to return it, I knocked on the door and said I found this wallet, they grabbed it from me, opened it up then looked at me and accused me of stealing it. They said there was money in it and the money was gone. When I found it, there was no money, just some ID cards, but all hell broke loose and I was the evil one. :Huh_anim]:

Cheers

Johnno

A wallet with no money? I guess a guy should either call and break it to them gently or mail the thing.

G'Day Dakota

Hind sight is 20/20. I learned my lesson real quick. Rather than seek out the owner, I just hand it in to local police station and let them deal with it. Times have really changed, nobody trusts anybody any more and that's really sad.

Cheers

Johnno

Hey Johnno

I have found two wallets in my life. First one fell off the car when the guy left a gas station. I was much younger and on my bike so I couldn't catch up with him. I managed to contact him later, being a doctor and busy he offered an award if I could get it to him. We showed up at his office and he gave me several hundred dollars which back then made for lots of fun for me.

The next one must have been stolen and not much was left in it when I found it. I tracked them down and got the same nasty treatment you did. I never thought I would be accused of stealing it.

Thats just the way it goes sometimes.

When DOC came out and detected with me and Shep and my uncle, he had two GPS units, I told him to take one with him, its was easy to get turned around and lost. Well he ended up taking them both with him, He got lost in the brush, lost one of his GPS units a yellow E-trex and finally found his way back to us. He said it was spooky, he looked at his GPS unit he still had and it said the quads were one way, but he couldn't get going in stright line, rocks cliff,s and such. We never have found his other GPS unit, although we have been up there many times since. Maybe with all the rain we had up here in Mariposa this year, It got washed down there? Ha! Ha! Maybe someone will claim it. Grubstake

I like Seeker's idea, check with garmin using the registration number and you'll have your man...

Bill

I've contacted Garmin, and they're trying to find the owner. I'll post if the owner is found.

Jason