Nugget Shooter Forums

GPX-4000

Jesse F.

Why is there so many used ones forsale :confused0013: Makes me wonder If they are worth the money :innocent0009:

Same Thing with the Gerrett Infiniums, If they are not that great how come you dont see used ones for sale. Well either there a great detector for the money, so no one wants to get rid of theres, or they suck so bad that no one will even buy them. :innocent0009:

Simply because many of the very serious hunters switch immediately to any new model Minelab puts out. These folks have ordered new 4500s due to arrive in a couple weeks.... Bad machine :laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

Bill

Their loss is someone elses gain the 4000 is well worth owning for sure, but I would not own an Infinium after I saw all of the failures related to coil construction, electronic components etc, have had Minelabs from the old GT to the present 4000 and have yet to send one in for any repair...Just my take, I upgrade because I use mine and I want the latest.....Geo

Seeker Richs and Bill are right on/

There are a few who are, Well Professional prospectors.They spend many hours/days a year changing there luck to skill.

They know how these machines work thru years of experiance.

They also have years of research and work behind them

It is like playing a piano.Hard at first but with time and strong effort it is hard to go wrong.

There is nothing easy about digging and busting rocks for a living or a Hobbie for that matter :icon_mrgreen:

Oh lets not forget a little luck.

The 4000 is the best machine on the market ,right know hands down.Well till the 4500 But it will always be a great detector and reliable.

It is not the most affordable unit out there, and I would not buy one unless you are very serious about using it.

Alot of people think it is a walk in the park. buy a detector and find piles of gold. :rofl2:

You can with the effort if you are one of the lucky ones find some nice patch,s.

Guy,s what would you say 10% of the prospectors find 90% of the gold.

Mine lab has given me the edge i have needed for over 10 yrs.Hell most relationships do not last that long. :bowdown:

:bowdown: Well sounds like Im just gonna have to sell one of my trucks and Jump on the minelab wagon to the gold fields and buy a $4000. Dollar GPX. I already started out small with the Minelab Eureka (Everyone Needs a good VLF) To go with there GP or GPX.

Jesse; since you live in Arizona and are already into gold hunting stepping into a good, reliable PI makes sense...you can't go wrong with any of Minelab's PI machines (in my opinion)...there are many excellent buys from the 2100 to the 4000...the guys that get to use their machines do very well but remember it is more operator and location that matters than the machine.

Having the newest brightest toy is nice too...

Fred

Yeah! I Have been putting off buying ML PI for years now, Mainly Because of the insane prices. And the need to buy two, one for me and on for the old man. I know there are some good deals on older and used ML models. But I spent way too much money on food & gas for hunting last year!, Running out of (FUN FUNDS). Once I get the fun account stocked back up the first sweet package deal on a GP3500, GPX-4000, Or 4500 will be mine! :icon_mrgreen: I will stop resisting the inevitable :innocent0009: (Price of Gold + Quality time spent with the Old Man = Worth it) :woohoo: $6,000. : :hmmmmmm: Well only gonna get one chance to live this life ! so live it well!

I assume the "Old Man" is your dad...I would trade all the stuff I have ever found to spend one more day with my father...the best hunting, fishing, trapping and gold panning friend I will ever have. Life is short and uncertain so do it now, there may not be a tomorrow.

Fred

Yes Sir! You are correct! And my dad is the best friend I got, And he is not getting any younger!, So I spend as much time as I cant with him!!! Just feel that Im fortunate, some people wait :Huh_anim]: untill its to late

Yep when the Time comes to Purchase Ill let all you Guys Know Till then wish me luck on selling my truck! Economy is bad and everyone seems broke! Hope the truck sells This Sunday ! Been up for sale for two weeks even droped the price from $5500. to $4500. Low Kelly Blue Book it $6000. (AND ITS A 1995 CHEVY SILVERADO 4X4 CREWCAB 1TON DUALLY DIESEL!) :tisc-tisc:

Yep when the Time comes to Purchase Ill let all you Guys Know Till then wish me luck on selling my truck! Economy is bad and everyone seems broke! Hope the truck sells This Sunday ! Been up for sale for two weeks even droped the price from $5500. to $4500. Low Kelly Blue Book it $6000. (AND ITS A 1995 CHEVY SILVERADO 4X4 CREWCAB 1TON DUALLY DIESEL!) :tisc-tisc:

Well let me tell you this! I have been a mechanic for awhile. I have lived in baton rouge La mobile Al Detroit Mi and Blythe Ca . Car/Truck prices are completely and totally regional. If you could try to sell that truck here in blythe you would probably do very well. I don't know where you are but consider these things when you think about what kind of listings you are doing. Here in the desert farmland trucks are what everyone wants in the city most want nice cars or economical cars. If you want to sell a deisel dually truck you need to get your info out to the nearest redneck,hillbilly,desert offroad, or farm type area. put it in the desert trader. Better to have to take the truck somewhere else to deliver it on a sale than to sit on it and keep dropping the price. I once bought a POS 87 ford ranger in mobile al for 1200. It was a good truck I screwed up and moved to Mi and couldn't sell the darn thing and had to give it away. Here in blythe or in alabama I could have sold it.

Truck set in the sell your own Car Lot in front of Bashas for two weeks! Trucks been sitting now in Cottonwood Car Lot for one week! These are definitely :bowdown: Red-neck, Hillbilly, desert off road, Not much farming! Towns. Truck should have sold. Next step autotrader, craigslist, ebay ! Ive sold 2 4runners 90/91, 1995 dodge neon, 2000 dodge ram truck , 1997 chevy s-10 with in the past two years on these lots no problem, usually sold within 3 days! so the economy and tax returns are not helping. It will sell but its just gonna take some more time :grrr01:

:hmmmmmm: IMO all the ML pi's will find gold and still do- :headphones: -you don't need the latest and greatest to find gold-I've found gold with every gold vlf and PI I've used and it was'nt just a few--I was using a SD2000 when everyone else was using GP extremes and I was still finding gold behind them--then about the time the GP3500 came out I got a GP extreme and was still finding gold behind the latest and greatest--then the 4000 came out and I darn near needed to take out a 2nd mortgage- :tisc-tisc: -the 4000 is a great beeper and will be for a long time- :icon_mrgreen: -as far as the more serious nugget hunters wanting the latest and greatest--well it might be true with some--but the others just want the latest and greatest just to have it or don't do to well it the nugget count department- :innocent0009: -me I'm going to wait till the next unit after the 4500 just because the GPX series is still in its refinement stages--I don't want just a little better for that kind of money--so I'll be happly finding gold with my 4000 till the next one-- it seems about every 3rd beeper is the best in each generation-(SD series)-(GP series)-(GPX series)-were at number 2 in the GPX series-theres still plenty of people finding gold with the older PI units and vlf's-A good example is Unc Ron he 's still findin gold with his old 2100 :twocents: -Mike C... :ph34r2: