Nugget Shooter Forums

Rob Allison's Nuggethunting forum broken??

~LARGO~

• 1 year later...

I haven't been able to access Rob's website for a few days now. All I get is

"Reported Attack Site! This web site at www.nuggethunting.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."

I have done nothing with my computer to change anything as far as settings go. Anyone else having this problem?

Steve

Rob had a spammer post some bad (virus) links on his forum on Thursday and/or Friday, he has "cleaned" up all the crap, but some are still getting the warning and being blocked from going there by their spam/virus programs/browsers, he post this in a thread Saturday...

" Hello All,

Had some minor issues with the website and forums. They should be resolved. If you're still experiencing problems, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,

Rob Allison"

The reason some are still being "blocked/warned" is because of this which was posted by another member from a "screen shot" of their warning...

"Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for www.nuggethunting.com

What is the current listing status for www.nuggethunting.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 121 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 35 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-10-31, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-10-30.

Malicious software includes 13 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 1 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 16 domain(s), including for-startmyzonescan.net/, formakemyzonescan.net/, onlinepcscanprotect.net/.

10 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including xerkinsdir2.com/, utx13t.xorg.pl/, oib5ap.xorg.pl/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS29873 (BIZLAND).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.nuggethunting.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message."

Google will keep it listed as "unsafe" until Rob contacts them, as you can see the last know problem was on 10-30-09 which was Friday, and last time Google check the site was Saturday 10-31-09, and found no problem, but google as you can see reports "the last 90 days".

From what I see this isn't saying that the forum has issues now, it is saying that it has had issues in the last 90 days, the last issue was on "2009-10-30", which was Friday, so the way I see it, everyone that is being blocked by their virus programs/browsers will have to wait 88 more days to get on the forum or bypass their blocking software or until Rob has contacted Google and cleared the forum with them.

Rob posted this early this morning...

"Hey Guys,

It might take a few days to get everything cleared up. I have to run a series of Malware programs to make sure all the crap is off. My ISP cleared everything on their end, just making sure everything is cleared on my end before I tell Google to release my domain back to the engines. In the meantime, it seems like most are still able to access the forums and such.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison"

I have checked his forum with my Norton program and several other programs I have (all with the latest updates) and I cannot find a problem now.

Just thought I would give everyone a little info on what is happening.

Skip

Another update Rob posted on Nuggethunting Forum...

"Hello All,

I finally was contacted by Google and they have released my website and forums. They also reconsidered my sites again, so they will be back in the same search engine status as before. I noticed up entire last night I was still getting the "red warning sign" when I went to my site from Google or some other search engines. Google recommends that all customers and forum users to delete their old cookies to make sure you're still not getting the message.

If you still are, please email me or post here if you can.

Thanks in advance!

Rob Allison"

Skip