Nugget Shooter Forums

GPX-4500

Hi All,

Yes as you have heard it is official and the 4500 will be available in limited numbers on the 1st of April. I have several coming in and there is as I said a limited first batch so call me ASAP if you will be wanting one. 623-388-0490 I have about 4 left, but can still possibly get a couple more....

There isn't a lot of info available yet. but you dedicated Minelab users already know that it wouldn't be available if there weren't advantages over previous units. I will have more info for you as it is released by Minelab and I will try to avoid the rumor mill as it is surly to get going in the next couple weeks. Me? Yup I'll be having one and have not been let down by Minelab yet.

Yup I'm excited....

Bill

Whats the price going to be Bill :innocent0009: Have you seen one or tested one out yet :headphones: inquiring minds want to know :innocent0002: is there any pictures of it any where yet :headphones: what advantages does it have over the 4000-I'm sure there are some but is it enough to justify moving up from a 4000 :hmmmmmm: -I know why you'll be gettin one :angry-smiley-010: --Mike C... :ph34r2:

Bill

It's good your getting a shipment by the first of April but you forgot one little thing and that has the price change??I know some talk said it was going up in price but my thinking it has reach it's peak on a down side economy.I guess we all better get out and start finding gold because it's the only thing that's going up but not the dollar.

I got to give credit to Minelab it came out at the right time being it may be two new PI's on the market soon.Also it's gotten better with each new model but that's my opinion.

I'm looking forward to see what Whites PI will have to offer and the price will be alot lower and it too will be out soon.

Now if you want to know where I get my info from will it is a WAG(Wild Ass Guess).

Chuck Anders

I'm excited about this one of course, but its the next unit I am looking forward to, there may be a drastic change, at least that is what I am thinking as the Minelab Pulse slides into the Digital realm...Geo

Found this on an Aussie site:

NEW GPX 4500

Features

NEW Minelab GPX 4500

*. New stabilisation technology

*. New timing options

*. Improved discrimination

New Minelab GPX 4500

Coming Soon!

New Minelab GPX-4500

Release Date 7th April 2008

RSP $ AU 6,150.-

More will be revealed in the coming weeks ..........

My guess would be that the US price would be like $4,995 :wink2:

The GPX4500 continues on with Minelabs policy of innovation through design, which means refining existing technology and introducing new technology. When I was first told the GPX4000 was going to have a digital interface I was very skeptical because I was concerned it was going to become too complicated for the average end user out there. Yet here we are 16 months later and the take up of the GPX4000 has probably been one of the best ever , seems Minelabs customers are a very adaptable bunch of people who embrace new concepts very easily.

I have a lot of likes for the GPX4500 and can't wait till Minelab start releasing more info so I can start to talk about them, there is one concept I am very interested in as I feel it will be very useful for US end users based on what I experienced on my travels to Arizona, guys like Bob Dansie and Bill Southern will for sure pick up on it straight away especially in conjunction with what they already know with the GPX4000. I have to go and do some more testing myself to see if my gut feel is correct, but I'm sure it will be very interesting once the right combinations of controls are implemented, which is the true power of the GPX range.

Looks to me like Minelab USA will be having a very busy time of it once stock becomes available :ROFL: .

JP

Hey, Cuz...In some of the other forums I've read that the Minelab pricing or import costs or whatever have resulted in a US cost that is not related, too much , to the decline of the dollar...That's why some folks from Australia are buying units from US dealers at retail, even including the international shipping costs, both ways!!!! I don't understand that, but I still think that the price point in the US will be $4,995, US, and if it is over that there will be a huge resistance to the new unit...The ML3500 had lots of total newbies finding good nuggets in old patches, the ML4000 had guys finding "small nuggets at depth"...So, to me, it sounds like the last real advance was the 3500, just because a ton of beepsters found gold with it, but that did not occur with the 4000...It was more experienced guys finding dinks in old patches...Just my :twocents: ....Cheers, Cuzin Unc

Hi Cuz,

Even at what that converter shows, there is quite a substantial difference in price, if Aussies were to

buy U.S.

Your guess would be more in line with what I would think it would be, based on the current machine.

In any case, until I hear more about the new 4500, and what it can do, I think I will stick with my

Bounty Hunter... :outtahere:

Cuz Gary

Another thing that is happening and I am not sure if theyare getting around that by buying in the U.S. is that hefty GST tax they have that is on top of everything else, thats one of the reasons you see so many foreign license plates at Costco etc near border towns in the Northern reaches of the US... Geo

I think too that adjustibility is the name of the game, if you are able to tweak to the point your machine is humming softly you have gained an advantage over the matrix. I can remember many years ago I was thinking of traveling to Aust and at that the Detectorists over there were modifying their A2B.s and Deepseekers with up to 100 turn GB tuners to deal with the bad ground. Never got to use one that was modded like that but there were times that I wished my A2b.s GB stretched a little further, then I would bang the coil and you would have to start all over again. :angry-smiley-010: Was I ever glad when Mielab came out with their first tracking units, by then tho I had long gotten rid of the Garrett and that was the last one of those Green machines I ever bought. Come to think of it I had had a chat with Garretts chief engineer Bob Podhrasky (sic) about that kinda stuff and all I got in response was kind of a S---T eating grin, the Garrett belonged to someone else not long after that...... Am I happy about what we have now , you better believe it, we are banging out pieces at depth and small solid pieces of gold as small as I want to look for........ :wubu: Good Hunting Geo

Uncle Ron is in the ballpark on price...I think :innocent0009: I like JP hesitate to blab hearsay until Minelab releases more info.

Cheers, Bill

There are a number of very interesting changes to the GPX4500 over the 4000 which should be well received. This is a first for Minelab announcing pre-release information on a new model close on a month in advance of product becoming available. As I mentioned on Robs forum one of the changes is going to help no end with the stability and overall smoothness of the machine (called S.E.T.A) which takes the 4500 even further than the 4000. There are a number of other new features which I am very impressed with such as some new timings. There are also the obvious things which have been requested on forums world wide for some time now which should illuminate things nicely :innocent0009: and more importantly there is the performance of the detector to think about which is something I'm very happy with.

Here's a couple of pics I took whilst testing the prototype.

JP

post-115-1205442313_thumb.jpg

post-115-1205442329_thumb.jpg

JP wish you could say more here.Kind of lost interest in the other forums. :tisc-tisc:

I have no doubt this will be a great detector and help give us a more stable and powerfull machine.

JP I still have that nice crystaline speci from you.

I,am sitting and waiting for my new machine :innocent0009: