Nugget Shooter Forums

<ANOTHER WARNING> Scorpions

I was on a 24k claim last week and got a good sound (small piece of lead) and was pushing dirt in the scoop with my bare hand :tisc-tisc: , felt like I hit a sticker with my finger and quickly pulled back and out comes a scorpion, forgot about scorpions, won't do that again. John

We saw six of them this last saturday. Some were to cold to move much but one was pissed off.

:ROFL: Thank you for your warning...My wife and I will go to Lucky Linda claim this Saturday for Common Dig event.

The scorpions are out big time right now...Like every third rock you roll will have one...The brown ones (Bark Scorpions) are just a bit painful and inconvenient, but the yellowish greenish small ones can cause anaphlectic shock in some folks...I've been hit by both and the latter is no fun....Just keep yer eyes open and move carefully...Good luck..Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Scorpions are no fun.

Two weeks ago I found my first rattler of the season at the house. It was the biggest (bout 4') one I have found in the 4 years I have lived here. Luckly it was so cold he wouldn't even strike. I put him in a smooth sided trailer, to save it for later in the day when I was going to use it to snake train my dogs. Not every year you find a nice big ol rattler this early in the season. While I was putting him in the trailer after messing with him and getting him to strike twice, he just curled up stuck his head under his body and went to sleep.

Well I went about my day and did't think about it, but the cloud cover left and it got real hot and my little budddy got warm enough to escaped.

be carefull out there!

Add rabid mountain lions to the list. On was killed this weekend after it attacked a 10 year old boy. The incident occurred in the Tonto National Forest in an area called Sheep Bridge in the extreme southeast corner of Yavapai County.

http://www.kpho.com/news/15557876/detail.html

Thanks for the warning :coffeetime: I had no idea that there were scorpians--snakes --bees--mtn lions--banditos- :tisc-tisc: -Buttttt the only thing I have in mind when I'm out and about is Goldddddddd :icon_mrgreen: Lions-tigers and bears :laught16: :twocents: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hey there Goldfinger....try rolling over a few rocks in AZ without any gloves and it won't take you

very long to find yourself a nice scorpion....just hope it ain't one of those little white ones...

I came within four feet today of getting re-acquanted with some nasty hornets here...a good pair of

fast feet are a real asset.....

Hi Ron the only thing I'm worried about is the vultures circling above me-trying to figure out where the elementals hid the earths bounty and the dreaded skunk :tisc-tisc: and of course those rabid little ground squirrels--their really ferosious critters when pissed off :ROFL: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hey Russ, that line is darn near poetry...Oughta go on a T-shirt or sumthin............ :ROFL: Cheers, Unc

Hi Russ-Ouch-Croch crickets-no thanks- sounds really unconfortable :Huh_anim]: --but fortunately I have'nt experienced that yet :innocent0009: When I'm out in the desert I block everything out and get into the Zone :headphones: out of mind out of site :innocent0002: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hey there Goldfinger....try rolling over a few rocks in AZ without any gloves and it won't take you

very long to find yourself a nice scorpion....just hope it ain't one of those little white ones...

I came within four feet today of getting re-acquanted with some nasty hornets here...a good pair of

fast feet are a real asset.....

Garimpo:

I rolled more then a few rocks,gloves or no gloves. In either case I never saw a single scorpion. Saw plenty of snakes though,along with those blood sucking insects with suction tubes and walked into couple clouds of wasps. Got stung a few times. Those were the good old days. :sadwalk:

Garimpo:

I rolled more then a few rocks,gloves or no gloves. In either case I never saw a single scorpion. Saw plenty of snakes though,along with those blood sucking insects with suction tubes and walked into couple clouds of wasps. Got stung a few times. Those were the good old days. :sadwalk:

All I can say is you musta rolled over all the wrong rocks or just wasn't paying attention. We poured plastics many years ago, ash trays to bolo ties. Night hunting with a black light would net me a quart fruit jar full in a couple hours in a rock strewn area. And by the way, it is best to walk away rather quickly from a cloud of wasps, rather than into them. :zapped:

Jim