Nugget Shooter Forums

<<WARNING>> Bee carful... Watch out for bees!!!!

Guest goldstudmuffin

Guest goldstudmuffin

I Hi Bill and All,

I'm about done with this patch for now... I was detecting Friday and was attacked by some nasty africanized bees, They were swarming in one of the biggest mesquite trees I've ever seen, luckily I was only stung one time on the neck, I looked like bull elk during the rut, my neck swelled to twice it's normal size. I was by myself and I thought I got the stinger out by lightly scraping the stinger with my finger nail, but It was on the side of my neck where I couldn't see it and so the stinger was there all day long... go ahead and laugh John B :laught16: I still have a small lump 2 days later. :sadwalk: So be careful, they say because of the wetter than usual winter they expect more swaming bees and more attacks.

I might invite John B to my new patch and point him straight toward the base of that big mesquite where I found a meterorite! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Studmuffin,

You know what they say, a prick a day :innocent0009: ..........................well anyway,

glad you only felt their wrath one time, could have been real bad. You could have had to throw your detector away and run like hell.

Then you would have had a pick AND detector to find again. :laught16:

Bob T.

I think if they had been africanized bees you would have got more than one sting...

what really happened is this...the poor little worker-bee mistook you for a desert rose and was trying to suck your neck-ter when you viciously ended her innocent life...

seriously you might check with your Doc for some anti-venom to carry as it sounds like you are seriously allergic...

Fred

At the very least get a perscription for an Epi-Pen. At least with a shot from the pen you would probably have a better chance to make it out of the wilderness and get medical help!

Be safe out there. Bee venon in some of us is deadly!!

Mike

Hi Russ and All

Russ I remember that fat filled nodule on your neck :confused0013: !! As a matter of fact I think you've always had that :Huh_anim]: ?? Russ I hate to break the news to you but that big bulbous lump of fat sittin on your neck is your head :laught16: !! No wonders that poor bee died :angry-smiley-010: !! Happy Huntin John B.