Nugget Shooter Forums

Whites PI

Ok, for all you doubters out there, here is, I believe, the first nugget found with the new Whites PI detector. I can't say any more about where, but I found it just recently. Ground was hot and it was about 6 inches deep. Weighs 1.3 dwt. Still doing some testing to try to figure out the best settings and tips for getting the most out of it.

I know it's been said before, but be patient, it's coming soon to a dealer near you.

Digger Bob

post-413-1204664853_thumb.jpg

Hi Bob and All

I hope the PI is set up like the GM3 with a removable box from the wand :hmmmmmm: . I see the wand bolt is 3/8 of an inch :whoopie: !! That is already a monster improvement on the minelab pi :woohoo: . PS I'm glad we didn't listen to you and sell all our gold at 700 bucks !! :Huh_anim]: Happy Huntin John B.

Hi Digger Bob,

You dog! That should have been me!!

Last August I emailed White's that I was making one last trip to Moore Creek and that it would be an ideal place to test the prototype. I jumped the gun and had to leave early, and found when I got back they were going to send me a unit but I missed my chance. When I finally did get one later it was middle of winter here. I'm froze out of nuggets until May.

Well, good on you, but I am jealous.

Steve Herschbach

Take a look at the coil in Digger Bob picture and then go to Whites site you will see the same coil.It looks the same as their 12in. concentric coil they say is designed for DFX,MXT and M6.

Chuck Anders

Ive got one for my MXT, looks the same.

Hi Bob and All

I hope the PI is set up like the GM3 with a removable box from the wand :hmmmmmm: . I see the wand bolt is 3/8 of an inch :whoopie: !! That is already a monster improvement on the minelab pi :woohoo: . PS I'm glad we didn't listen to you and sell all our gold at 700 bucks !! :Huh_anim]: Happy Huntin John B.

John, it will be hip or chest mountable. Oh, and I said sell at $900 and buy back at $700. Looks like I was a bit premature but I still think it's going to drop from these lofty levels.

Digger

I wonder how it would respond to meteorites? Hmm, guess i will contact Whites for some info on this unit.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Well Whites have now got the new DFX300 and the MXT300 posted on their site plus give you a probe if you buy one.New paint,new coil and new price.

Just remember it's only money and you can't take it with you. I always say I want it to be a sad day for everybody when I go. :innocent0002:

Chuck Anders

Hey Guys,

The new White's pre-version has been around for quite some time and is a modified Gold Scan 5 by Eric Foster. White's has indeed done some new modifications, but same basic machine. If you remember I was doing some testing of that unit a couple years ago. Before any of you guys get all up in arms and say I'm full of crap you better do some research...

What has been changed I really can't say because I have not had my hands on one, but I did work with Mr Bill Crabtree a couple years ago testing the unit in some of our AZ soil. I will be interested to see what changes have been made....

Bill

Hi Bill,

Nope, you are right on. I think it is farily common knowledge the Eric Foster's Goldscan 5 was the base unit. All I can tell you is that there is nothing at all left of original unit. Everything including the circuit board, physical layout, and coils are being redone from the ground up. Eric has worked closely with White's throughout the last couple years improving the product.

I'll certaining not be ditching my Minelab but I'm chomping to get the White's in addition to my new GPX-4500. I think thet will complement each other very nicely, and the White's will be good for more than just nugget detecting. I've got a lot of coin and jewelry hunting planned for mine in addition to whatever gold nuggets I can find with it.

I'm like a kid at Christmas. A new GPX-4500, a new White's, and who knows, maybe a miracle will happen and I'll have a new Nemesis. 2008 is going to be fun!

Steve Herschbach