Nugget Shooter Forums

New Pairing...

Hi gang, well last weekend I decided to hook-up with Mike and Paul and do some friendly hunting down at Franconia :innocent0009: . Needless to say, it's been a while since I've hunted with them (that's another story) :tisc-tisc: . But in the mist and the heat of detecting, the numerous coil problems, dew, and occasional meteorite or two, I came home with a new found glory for breaking in boots before you walk 11.21 miles. Once the day was over with I found two new "Striderites" and they were a pair :yikes: :PO2: . No fusion crust here folks...can anyone say "I told you so... :Huh_anim]: " Jason :;):

striderites.jpg

OUCH!!!

Almost went through the same thing this weekend Jason. I've got a pair of Bates boots I'm trying to break in and I started getting the same exact blisters from walking so much on saturday. Boy am I glad I brought my trusty old hiking boots because I wouldnt have been able to hike around as much on sunday.

Del

I had the same problem with new boots and found that if you turn your socks inside out it will solve them issues. Try it and see what happens. Either that or dont walk as much. :laught16:

They look nasty and must be uncomfortable now.

Aloha and take care of them striderites.

Stan aka Kaimi

I bet you were wearing cotton socks??? In cold weather wool socks are excellent and in the spring and summer some light-weight wool/silk blend are the best...cotton will only hold the moisture and that increases the likelyhood of blisters......

for what it is worth

Fred

Ouch! I used to get them just like that from cheaper Military boots, but Bates, and Belleville don't do that, and if they do, not nearly as bad.

And as for what Kaimi said, I used to turn my socks inside out in Iraq when breaking in new boots, and it worked almost everytime.

Rocco

Hmmm, I'll have to try the inside-out socks thing :hmmmmmm: . The boots in question are a pair of nice Rocky's, light weight and very comfortable, but where the lower meets the upper, pure leather. So, I need to break them in better. My feet are still a bit sore, but getting better :tisc-tisc: . Probably good to go, next week. Jason :;):

Hi Jason,

I cringe because even though it's been many years since I (sorry) was in your shoes, I remember how tender they were. Get a can of "tuffskin" at the sporting goods store, spray it on the blistered areas, cover with talcum powder, and bingo, a protective layer that won't wash or wear off. Two or three layers for real tender spots.

Just a few simple STEPS to keep you on your feet. Ben

Wowe, Jason, I feel you pain.....sorta :tisc-tisc:

Back in the day's when I was young and a mountain guide in the back country of Yosemite. I used Moleskin, it works great. The toughskin with talcum powder is also great. I used that in Gymnastics back in High School. The good news is, you found some Frankies.... always worth the pain.... :coffeetime:

best wishes for a fast recovery, jim "hawk" :outtahere: