Nugget Shooter Forums

On Walkabout....Careful gross photo.

Nugget Shooter

Hi All,

I won't be available this weekend and I am hoping to get out if I get over this dang flu.... Sooooo don't fret if you can't get a hold of me I'll respond when I get home... Anyway I'll be to the South in no man's land with no phone service either.... Got a surprise invite and just can't pass it up. :ph34r2: :innocent0009: :icon_mrgreen:

Cheers, Bill

Well Don,

It was a short dang trip...Digging second target of the day into a bank about 12 inches...Dog exploring above dislodges basketball size rock...rock rolls down hill...I am still digging one hand in upper edge of hole the other swinging pick...hear rock, look up...whew missed hitting me in the head...OWWWWWW rock enter hole...plug hole... smash fingers.

Completely ruined my middle finger by removing all the meat to the bone between first and from my second knuckle...Bleeding like a flowing river...walked back to truck...got bleeding stopped... Drove home.

Had to be my left hand as I am left handed...It will be a bit useless for a while.

Unhappily back in Morristown, Bill

Really sorry to hear of your misfortune Bill. Wrong time a year for accidents. Springtime,gold at $975+,and weather starting to settle down. Take care,hope ya mend quick-Tons a au 2 u 2-John :twocents:

OUCH :*gd Bill My left hand hurts just thinking about what happened to you. hope your hand heals soon and you get even with that rock and find a nice hunk of gold next time out

Southpaw Harry :angry-smiley-010:

Hi Slim,

It is my Blue Healer Ginger, had her about 4 years. Not her fault I guess. Good basket ball player though what are the odds of a rock falling right into my hole.....

It will be fine, but will be a while healing as the knuckle skin is totally removed.

Ouch, Bill

Bill sorry to hear of your faitfull adventure.

My own trip was canceled as my buddie had a part go south on his truck.

For me it looks as if this is not the weekend to be prospecting for some reason or another,

Take care with that left of yours. D

Ok Mr. Southern...so you got a little scrape on your finger...more important than that what was in the

hole beside a large rock?....don't tell me after you had your "whimper" you didn't recover the

target?.....you can always grow new skin but not new gold......

BTW...guess now when you give a "boner" you really do.... :flip1: :laught16:

darn Bill! First your wife and now you? Too bad it screwed up your weekend but it could have been worse. I hope there's a 1+ ozer waiting under that rock for you. Later...Jim P.

Wow Bill sorry for your misfortune :tisc-tisc: but a little blood letting is always a good offering for the gold gods-it worked in the days of old :innocent0009: did you see any roo's out that way on your walkabout ? cheers mate :laught16: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hope you heal up fast Bill,

It's going around, Monica shatered the bones on her two middle fingers of her right hand last week. Luckly it was just the tips no finger joints involved.

ouchie...

I remember those...

they smart.

Lots of people probably think it is unmanly,

but I have always - whether it was dredging or detecting

really liked

Gloves...

although in your case,

not sure how much help they would have been.

Flak

Man oh Man Bill, If I didn't know better I'd say you were hard rock mining not detecting.

Brings bad a few old memories. :tisc-tisc: :laught16:

Ol'29er :banged: :ROFL::miner: