Nugget Shooter Forums

The 100 club has a new member!!

Well guys I finally pulled it off....I finally accomplished my long standing goal of finding a 100+ gram meteorite and I did it twice in the same day! :woohoo:

Here's my take for the weekend-

8 Chondrites- 1.8g, 3.3g, 13.2g, 30.9g, 39.9g, 45.1g, 127g, and 247g totaling 508.2 grams

32 Irons totaling 11.3 grams, picked up a couple nice 2 grammers!.

40 finds totaling 519.5 grams

I also scored my first visual find on pavement as I was talking to Jim smaller on the phone. As I was pacing back and forth talking to him, I looked down and noticed a rock with a familiar "glare" and a "rust like appearance" to it (thanks Ruben!). I thought to myself "hey that looks like a meteorite" and I reached down, picked it up, and what do you know, it was a 45.1 gram meteorite!

Ruben- Thanks for taking the time to share some tips with me. The tips you gave me made all the difference and I thank you for that! You the man Ruben! :bowdown:

Jim- As always I enjoy the conversations with you. I'll contact you soon with those finished blue prints of your drywasher.

Stan- Hey it was nice meeting up with you and your group out there. I can't remember everbodies name that I met, but it was nice meeting all you. Good luck out there!

All in all guys this was my best weekend in weight from Franconia! I have to say it's nice to finally belong to the 100 club!

Del

post-890-1203396508_thumb.jpg

post-890-1203396537_thumb.jpg

post-890-1203396561_thumb.jpg

post-890-1203396591_thumb.jpg

post-890-1203396618_thumb.jpg

post-890-1203396708_thumb.jpg

post-890-1203396737_thumb.jpg

post-890-1203396789_thumb.jpg

post-890-1203397147_thumb.jpg

post-890-1203397168_thumb.jpg

post-890-1203397307_thumb.jpg

post-890-1203397328_thumb.jpg

holy crap del! WAY TO GO!

My dad and i went out trying to find

a new strewn field but we just came hope

with a bunch of droozy quarts lol.

It was a last minute trip. I called into work

to see if they needed me and they said no

so we started packing up and hit the road.

But wow! those are some gorgeous frankies!

[Erik]

Del, all I can say is (drooooooooooollllllllllllllll), congrats!!!!! WTG, some really nice finds for the record books! I took the kids out today and did some dry lake hunting. I need some work that...Congrads again, Jason. :;):

Del,

Way to go :whoopie: Those are some mighty fine specimens. You earned them my friend. I hope that your leg cramps let up. If I remember right, you mentioned that you had put a little over 5 miles on those legs Saturday. I only put about half that in the 4 hours that I was out there and I had cramps all night. I ended up with 22 irons and 28 grams of chondrites. That one iron weighed in at 2.5 grams.

There is a 500 grammer out there with your name on it, only a matter of time. As always, enjoyed visiting with you.

Jim

Oh you lucky guy. Me, I had to leave as I caught a ride out to Franconia or I would have spent the extra day out there with you. Jim told me about your find when I ran into him on the flats. Looks like I just might have to go back this week and spend a day or two going over that area once again. I finally have that Goldmax sierra coil tuned just to where I want it and it is starting to produce.

BTW, welcome to the 100+ club. :woohoo:

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Del,

Congrats!!! Geez dude, with Jim on the phone coaching you, how can you miss? Nice Job. I have no idea how after talking with me till 2 AM you even woke up.

Cool stuff! By the way I talked to Mike and Paul. They're ready!!!!

Hi All,

yes indeed fine job Del!

I bet he didn't go back to sleep instead he left to go hunting.

Or maybe this is a new way to go hunt, don't go to sleep the night before and you are so wired up, you find them goodies faster!

And what is Mike and Paul ready for? ;-)

Happy hunting,

Moni

Hi All,

yes indeed fine job Del!

I bet he didn't go back to sleep instead he left to go hunting.

Or maybe this is a new way to go hunt, don't go to sleep the night before and you are so wired up, you find them goodies faster!

And what is Mike and Paul ready for? ;-)

Happy hunting,

Moni

Those two are ready to hunt at the drop of a hat I bet! :laught16:

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Del,

Wow! what awesome finds!! Maybe some day I will get a chance to hunt Franconia and add one to my collection! ( id be happy with a small Franconia find! ) Love the little awesome irons!! Way to go congrats to you.

Dean

half a K in a weekend makes for an amazing trip.

It's fun pulling one out after another after another haha.

My dream.... The kilo Club... 1000grams in one weekend.

yeah right....

[Erik]

Thanks for all the replies everyone! It took me a little while to make the 100 gram club, but hey that goes to show you that persistance and patience pays off.

Ruben- Yeah I think I got a total of 8 hours sleep over the whole weekend. It's strange, because it seems I don't eat to much and I have trouble sleeping when I head out there. So Ruben is this part of the sickness or what? :laught16:

Jim- Thanks for the report on your finds. On saturday I walked 5.1 miles and sunday it was 10.2 miles. It's weird, I don't seem to get very sore afterwards. Now I Have to get out there and find that 500 grammer!

Dustin- Anytime buddy! I think you'll pick up on detecting very fast.

Mike- Teaming up sounds good to me, I'm happy to join your team anytime friend. Whenever you guys are ready to go just let me know and I'm there!

Ben- I was hoping you guys could make it out. Thats alright though, next time. First Erik, then me.... now I think it's your turn!

Stan- No luck there, these finds represent a lot of time, effort, and persistance (just like Eriks honkers).

Argh, now it's back to school! :grrr01:

Del