Nugget Shooter Forums

New to the Forum

Hi all, my name is Dean M. from New Mexico. Just wanted to say hello to everyone on the Forum. I have been reading and learning from this forum for some time now. I have met a few meteorite collectors and experts involved in this great hobby and they have all taken the time to communicate with me and answer all my questions. Thank you for putting up with and taking the time to look at some of my meteorwrongs and my first meteorite find!! By the way you know who you ARE! Thanks for all your help!! My wife Lisa and I met a few new friends in Tucson this year and had a great time at the show!! Ruben thanks for the tour while we were in Tucson!! Ruben, Mike, Paul and Billy it was nice to meet all of you and better to have you all as new friends!!! I purchased a few new pieces for my collection as well. Wishing you all great hunting ahead along with great finds! (Mike and Paul what a nice find!!! congrats!!!)

Dean

Welcome to the forum Dean, you'll find a lot of knowledgeable people here. I saw your pic with Ruben, Ben, Erik, etc in Ruben's video. Any chance you could take a pic of your first find and post it? Would love to see it!

Del

Aloha to the forum. :sign:

If you are ever in the Gold Basin or Franconia area hunting for meteorites and see an old guy with a blue jeep wrangler just give me a holler and a wave.

Aloha once again,

Stan aka Ka'imi :cigar:

Welcome to the forum Dean, you'll find a lot of knowledgeable people here. I saw your pic with Ruben, Ben, Erik, etc in Ruben's video. Any chance you could take a pic of your first find and post it? Would love to see it!

Del

Hey Del,

Dean has probably been a little hesitant to post a picture since I have him sworn to secrecy about the location.

He found his first meteorite- a Glorieta siderite - all alone. He used his detective style intellect to deduce the whereabouts of the strewn field. Once he sent me a picture of it, I affirmed for him that he did have a meteorite and then made him swear never to divulge the location.

Here is a picture of his find.

Truly awesome meteorite find. :whoopie: Can understand why you dont post coords but the pic does not give anything away. :shrug: It only shows how beautiful one of these specimens can be when displayed. For being your first find we can hardly wait to see what else you show us in the future.

Keep them pics coming and no we dont want to know the coords. :POsmiley01: Some of us would rather do our own work in locating something as beautiful as this one.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Del,

Dean has probably been a little hesitant to post a picture since I have him sworn to secrecy about the location.

He found his first meteorite- a Glorieta siderite - all alone. He used his detective style intellect to deduce the whereabouts of the strewn field. Once he sent me a picture of it, I affirmed for him that he did have a meteorite and then made him swear never to divulge the location.

Hey Ruben, good for Dean! :whoopie: When your that persistant it makes that first find even more sweet!

Hey Dean you earned that bad boy, congrats! Now that you've found your first one it will get easier.

Del

Stan,

I should point out that even though Dean is very intelligent it still took him months to find this one lone specimen. This guy is persistant!

Believe me, I found my first one (300.4 grams) on my first day BUT I had a couple of great people there helping me with info. I applaude him for his persistance and look forward to seeing more of his finds. Dean sounds like the king of guy I want to hunt with anytime. I too dont give up and I know that the :skunkkitty2: is always out there just trying to get us to quit. Not going to happen! Once again, keep up the great work Dean and even if you run into my little friend, the skunk, just ignore him and keep on :icon_mrgreen: . That is why my grandmother gave me my Hawaiian name. Ka'imi: The Seeker! I was always looking for an adventure and was the best at playing "hide and seek". Really miss them good ole days.

Aloha,

Stan aka Ka'imi :ph34r2:

Hey Del,

Wow!, thanks Ruben for the good words and for posting my picture of my first find! Hey im sworn to secrecy what else can I say! :innocent0009: Thanks again my friend the pic looks awesome! (Zaya says hello Ruben!!)

Dean

Hey Ruben, good for Dean! :whoopie: When your that persistant it makes that first find even more sweet!

Hey Dean you earned that bad boy, congrats! Now that you've found your first one it will get easier.

Del

Del, hey thanks for the nice welcome. This has been an awesome time in my life for me along with my eight year old grandson Isaiah Lanham ( Zaya ). He has been hunting with me from the start. Unfortunately he was not with me the day of my find but he loved it none the less!! With great people to meet like you we are loving it even more so!!

Dean

Believe me, I found my first one (300.4 grams) on my first day BUT I had a couple of great people there helping me with info. I applaude him for his persistance and look forward to seeing more of his finds. Dean sounds like the king of guy I want to hunt with anytime. I too dont give up and I know that the :skunkkitty2: is always out there just trying to get us to quit. Not going to happen! Once again, keep up the great work Dean and even if you run into my little friend, the skunk, just ignore him and keep on :icon_mrgreen: . That is why my grandmother gave me my Hawaiian name. Ka'imi: The Seeker! I was always looking for an adventure and was the best at playing "hide and seek". Really miss them good ole days.

Aloha,

Stan aka Ka'imi :ph34r2:

Stan, Thank you for responding to my post. I hope to make it to Gold Basin and Franconia some day ( soon I hope ) maybe I will see you out hunting and join you. Wow 300 gramer, must be nice. One day I will find one that big! As for mr SKUNK, it ain't happening!! and I will ignore him.

Dean

WOW member #14020..... I think the counter is messing up. Welcome to the board! :icon_mrgreen:

Blake, Thanks for the welcome!!!

Dean

Hey Del,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome Dean, congrates on your wonderful find..... Hum, looks like meteorites have a gender role now, interesting :tisc-tisc: did I say that :innocent0009:

jim "hawk"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome Dean, congrates on your wonderful find..... Hum, looks like meteorites have a gender role now, interesting :tisc-tisc: did I say that :innocent0009:

jim "hawk"

Jim, Thanks for the welcome. Yeah this piece surely is playing the gender role!

Dean

Hey Dean,

welcome to the forum It was a pleasure to have met you and your wife. Thanks for driving us all around town ( even though the guy giving the directions tried to get us lost) Hope to see you out in the field sometime soon

Paul

Dean

Welcome to the forum. You will probably get more info than you ever wanted on this forum. The most giving group of people that ever hunted Meteorites. However we will squeeze you for the info on your find. :laught16::laught16:

Congrats.

Wayne

Wayne, squeeze away! :Huh_anim]: remember I am sworn to secrecy :ph34r2: ha ha. just messing with you. Thanks for the welcome and the congrats! As for info you are not kidding. Mountains worth my friend!

Dean