Nugget Shooter Forums

On the way home from Tucson

On the way home from the Tucson show, me and Paul stopped by one of Rubens secret spots.

After about 3 miles of walking and no finds, we headed back to the car to call it a day.

As me and Paul were walking back and B.S. ing( I think Paul was in mid sentence) I yelled

MINE, MINE, MINE like a little kid. Up in the distance I could see a nice little meteorite just sitting there all by itself.

Paul's eyes locked on to it fast and he said NO WAY. It turned out to be a nice 47g piece.

What a fun find, I was just lucky enough to be looking up when Paul was looking down.

Here are some pics, sorry I didn't have my camera for instu pic had to use the cell phone camera.

Mike

post-1536-1202765845_thumb.jpg

post-1536-1202766542_thumb.jpg

post-1536-1202766565_thumb.jpg

The only reason I was looking down is because Mike tripped me because he knows i am way faster than him and would have gotten to it first :angry-smiley-010: :Huh_anim]: It was really nice to see one from a distance and run over to it like little kids at a candy store for the first time. No matter how many we find it is still like the first one all over again. The heart rate skyrockets and then the disbelief starts to creep in, Then you get it in your hand and you still aren't sure until your buddy slaps you in the mouth and tells you to stop crying and take some pics. (at least thats how it is for me) :laught16: :innocent0002: :innocent0009: Great find Mikey next time I walk in front!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

darn Mike.... last weekend two on the lakebed and this weekend one of Rubens secret spots. darn your on a roll! :wubu:

I'm not one to get jealous BUT since that one's a such a beauty I have to admit hell yeah I'm jealous! Congrats!

Paul I think your gonna have to tackle him the next time you run into this situation! :laught16:

Del

WTG Guys!!!! We definitely need to plan a trip...I know Del is chomping at the bit and so am I. Congrats on that nice piece again.!!! Jason :;):

In the close-up pic, are those white chondrules (not the tiny pieces of sand) that I see??? Interesting piece.

Congratulations on your find Mike :whoopie: . That is a beauty! Glad to see you and Paul made it to the Tucson show.

Keep your head up Paul... I mean that literally, keep your head up, so you can spot those nuggets before Mike does :grrr01: .

(SoCal)Scott

Outstanding find Mike!!! Congrats to both you and Paul! Did you guys hunt all night after all? After we split up from you, Paul and Ruben, Lisa and I hit the hotel. We hit the booths again in the a.m. and shortly after we headed out. We stopped just inside N.M. and hunted the area for the evening. :icon_mrgreen: Some promising looking areas to hunt! Did you happen to take any pictures of the stones you and Paul had Bruno take a look at? I found a small black stone that looks similar and since I am still learning I would like to compare them. Again, way to go! awesome find!! Send some of the luck you and Paul have my way!!! Please!!!

Dean

Jason, they are kind of yellowish / white chondrules. Very neat looking.

Del, got to ride the roll as long as I can :laught16:

Dean, we didn't hunt that night. But we did start befor the sun came up :ph34r2: .

I will put up a pic of that little black one for you soon.

Ruben, :bowdown: thats all I got to say, thanks my Friend.

Thanks all

Mike

Dean, here are some pics of that little black one.

Not good when Ruben, and Bruno cant tell if it is one.

They both said Paul's was one, I dont have a pic of that one sorry.

Mike

Mike, Thanks for posting the pics. I will have Ruben take a look at it when he can. This stone is about the same size as the one you found and after setting it to the grinder, I can see a few metal flakes. Thanks again Mike, now I can compare them as I am still learning.

Dean