Nugget Shooter Forums

It's Official

Hi All

Last night at the annual Micheal Blood Meteorite Auction, Doloros Hill from the U of A Meteoritics Lab. awarded Twink Monrad and I with certificates and general info about asteroids that were named after us :shrug: . Jim Kreigh, Twink and I were givin this honor as co finders of the Gold Basin Strewnfield :confused0013: . Sparking a rash of new discoveries and inspireing an army of meteorite hunters , I think :unsure: !! Im truley humbled by this award and hope my space rock behaves himself and stays clear of our planet :scare: . I dont know anything about astronamy but hope maybe Jason might :smrt1: ?? I doubt that Jason equiptment would be able to see me up there but maybe he could tell me where or how I might get a glimse of it :ph34r2: ?? I think Twink and I are the only surviving reciepients of this honor that I know of :hmmmmmm: ?? Well heres some pix . Happy Huntin John B.

post-1056-1202691465_thumb.jpg

post-1056-1202691511_thumb.jpg

post-1056-1202691564_thumb.jpg

post-1056-1202691600_thumb.jpg

post-1056-1202691633_thumb.jpg

You two rock John......."Twink Monrad and I with certificates and general info about asteroids that were named after us" Just think your very own space rock :WOW: :wubu: Just try to stay humble OK?

Ol'29er

JB, congrats again!!! :wubu: :yourock: Well, it's only 4.5 Astronomical Units from us (93,000,000x4.5=418,500,000mi.) from us, so let's hope it stays in place :innocent0009: . And it's at a magnitude of 14.3, which is pretty dim for my scope, but highly likely with a bigger one (12,14,16") :hmmmmmm: . I'll try to decode the RA and Dec to see where in space it's at. Jason :;):

Hi All

Last night at the annual Micheal Blood Meteorite Auction, Doloros Hill from the U of A Meteoritics Lab. awarded Twink Monrad and I with certificates and general info about asteroids that were named after us :shrug: . Jim Kreigh, Twink and I

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is just, way to cool. Congrats John and Twink You just know that Jim Kreigh is smiling with joy... :innocent0002:

jim "hawk" :outtahere:

John B.

My congratulations go out to the 3 of you. That is quite an honor and one that you yourself well deserve. Your generosity in giving both material and information about Gold Basin to numerous individuals and organizations has earned you a piece of the universe that is still in orbit. You can now add another heading to your calling card.....(Craters created) :hmmmmmm: Would OMAN be a good place for the crater? :;):

Jim

Hi All

Last night at the annual Micheal Blood Meteorite Auction, Doloros Hill from the U of A Meteoritics Lab. awarded Twink Monrad and I with certificates and general info about asteroids that were named after us :shrug: . Jim Kreigh, Twink and I were givin this honor as co finders of the Gold Basin Strewnfield :confused0013: . Sparking a rash of new discoveries and inspireing an army of meteorite hunters , I think :unsure: !! Im truley humbled by this award and hope my space rock behaves himself and stays clear of our planet :scare: . I dont know anything about astronamy but hope maybe Jason might :smrt1: ?? I doubt that Jason equiptment would be able to see me up there but maybe he could tell me where or how I might get a glimse of it :ph34r2: ?? I think Twink and I are the only surviving reciepients of this honor that I know of :hmmmmmm: ?? Well heres some pix . Happy Huntin John B.

I have never had the honor to meet either one of you, but do find it to be a privilege to congratulate the recipiens

of such a rare honor.

KGMRG