Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia this weekend

Looks like not only the club from San Diego is showing up to hunt for meteorites this weekend but also a couple of guys from the GSSN club will be there also. And I bet that once they get back word will spread like wildfire. :grrr01: I attended a meeting last night and was approached by someone who recognized me from Rubens' youtube video and was asked about part two. :shrug: After that, I could not get away from the rest of the future meteorite hunters seeking info from me.

I guess they actually paid attention to the guys in the background. Looks like my blue jeep needs a paint job to a different color. :PO2:

So anyone going out there "BEWARE" of the traffic situation.

Me, I am off to Gold Basin this saturday since the GSSN members will be having an outing on the 16th so traffic out there next weekend will be "God Awful".

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi :outtahere:

Looks like not only the club from San Diego is showing up to hunt for meteorites this weekend but also a couple of guys from the GSSN club will be there also. And I bet that once they get back word will spread like wildfire. :grrr01: I attended a meeting last night and was approached by someone who recognized me from Rubens' youtube video and was asked about part two. :shrug: After that, I could not get away from the rest of the future meteorite hunters seeking info from me.

I guess they actually paid attention to the guys in the background. Looks like my blue jeep needs a paint job to a different color. :PO2:

So anyone going out there "BEWARE" of the traffic situation.

Me, I am off to Gold Basin this saturday since the GSSN members will be having an outing on the 16th so traffic out there next weekend will be "God Awful".

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi :outtahere:

Stan

My luck, I plan to be at Franconia on the 16TH in hopes of finding my first. Due to my life schedule I have not been able to make it out there since last April. I found out later I was out of the search zone. Good luck at Gold Basin

KGMRG

Aloha everyone!

KGMRG: Looks like our GSSN club may be going out to franconia on the 16th. Once i know for sure about the facts i will PM you so we can hook up with the rest of the gang.

Rick & Connie: Hope to see you both pretty soon either at Gold Basin or even at Franconia. Start :mm: some of the parks in Vegas because i have been doing pretty good at some of them after the soccer groups leave. It will also give you a chance to "train your ears". Plus you can let the dogs run loose :woohoo: as long as you bring a baggie or two. :opps:

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

See what happens when you advertise as much as you all do--silence is golden-- :icon_mrgreen: :twocents: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Amen to that brother! :innocent0002:

What started with just Del and me just got to big to control then with the youtube video out ..............! :yikes: Oh well such is life. I may as well start a tour operation and make a couple of bucks out of it. :laught16:

Aloha.

Stan aka Kaimi

Aloha everyone!

KGMRG: Looks like our GSSN club may be going out to franconia on the 16th. Once i know for sure about the facts i will PM you so we can hook up with the rest of the gang.

Rick & Connie: Hope to see you both pretty soon either at Gold Basin or even at Franconia. Start :mm: some of the parks in Vegas because i have been doing pretty good at some of them after the soccer groups leave. It will also give you a chance to "train your ears". Plus you can let the dogs run loose :woohoo: as long as you bring a baggie or two. :opps:

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Stan

Thanks, I appreciate that. Hope to see you at Franconia.

Richard AKA kgmrg :icon_mrgreen:

Hi Erik and Stan

You guys stay out of my areas with your tour business. :laught16::laught16:

Here's some new vids Myke put on Youtube. Got Meteorites, and our new ride to the fields we were testing over Laughlin. :icon_mrgreen:

Wayne

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...p;search=Search

tours! $25!

each tour guarantees you a long hunt generally close to the boundry of the strewn field.

[Erik]

Yeah but you need to limit your group to a maximum of 10 so you can provide them with primo information and time dude! :laught16:

Me, I only take out four at a time this way I can also hunt at the same time. :brows:

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

PS: Erik, you are sooooo BAD!! But funny. See you and your dad soon I hope.

See what happens when you advertise as much as you all do--silence is golden-- :icon_mrgreen: :twocents: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Looks like everyone is using youtube now to show off Franconia. Looks like we all had better get off our butts and start hitting that field real hard before summer gets here.

Going to BassPro today and check out some new camo gear and maybe a camo drop cloth for my jeep while I am it. :shrug:

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi :ph34r2:

That doesn't mean anything, I doubt they can find the spotts or hunt for 12 hours a day or know the difference between a basalt hotrock and a chondrite. There's a learning curve that can't be surpassed by watching a video.

[Erik]

That doesn't mean anything, I doubt they can find the spotts or hunt for 12 hours a day or know the difference between a basalt hotrock and a chondrite. There's a learning curve that can't be surpassed by watching a video.

[Erik]

I second that Erik! The learning curve seems to weed out the jackasses and people who don't have the patience and tenacity required for this hobby.

I know one thing, I keep my lips zipped shut and I'm not willing to share info with random strangers and especially clubs that are starting to plan outings out there. If you want information from me, you have to prove to me that you have a genuine interest in meteorite hunting, then maybe I'll share something with you.

Once the prospecting clubs start coming out, WATCH OUT! We all know how they are and how greedy some of the people in them can be. Don't get me wrong I want people to find a meteorite, but I think they need to put forth the time and effort and EARN their first meteorite.

Del