Nugget Shooter Forums

Super Bowl Sunday Meteorites

Paul and I went out to a dry lake bed on super bowl Sunday. To see if

we could find some rocks before the big game. We got there before the sun came up,

unfortunately it was raining. We stayed in the truck for about a half hour.

It stopped raining so we hit it hard and fast. After about 4 hours the wind picked up to about 70 MPH,

had to call it quits. I was lucky to fine two little ones before that. Paul got skunked, I'm sure if we had more time

he would have found more than me.

2.4g

2.6g

Mike

post-1536-1202238035_thumb.jpg

post-1536-1202238057_thumb.jpg

post-1536-1202238091_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the finds Mike! I'm sorry to you got skunked Paul. :grrr01: ... Oh well next time!

Hey if you guys wouldn't mind somebody tagging along sometime let me know, because I'm down for it anytime. I got my first find, now it's time for my next one and I have a lot to learn! I wanted to go out this past weekend, but the weather stopped that.

Del

Well it looks like hell nor high water is going to stop you guys from hunting for them meteorites :hmmmmmm: And it paid off too. :whoopie:

Nice job Mike. Dont worry Paul it will be your turn soon enough.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Paul and I went out to a dry lake bed on super bowl Sunday. To see if

we could find some rocks before the big game. We got there before the sun came up,

unfortunately it was raining. We stayed in the truck for about a half hour.

It stopped raining so we hit it hard and fast. After about 4 hours the wind picked up to about 70 MPH,

had to call it quits. I was lucky to fine two little ones before that. Paul got skunked, I'm sure if we had more time

he would have found more than me.

2.4g

2.6g

Mike

Great Job Mike!

You've found 2 more in one day than me in all my trips out to the dry lakes. Nice little stones!

Eric

Mike, nice finds!!! I really need to get, but this full time school thing, and full time work, has got to go....oh well the rewards outweigh the finds at this point in time. Congrats again. I'm sure Paul is chomping at the bit to go again, and I'm sure he will do just fine. Jason :;):