Nugget Shooter Forums

A New Meteorite dealer

Hi All

I just got back from visiting with one of my Omanie prison mates Yury Stepakov. His father Vladamere and I go back several years but he doesn't speak much english so he didn't come over this year. Several years ago Ivan and Vladamere teamed up with a few other Russian hunters looking for Seymchen. They looked up all the historical data anout the 2 masses of it found by a geological team doing surveys. they spent a small Russian fortune renting a helicopter to get them to near the location. They immediately started finding tons of material. I don't mean that literally either they found a bunch. They hauled alot out and to their perspective homes and started cuting what they thought I think was an octahedrite. Finding many pieces containing olivene cystals they took it back to the University and museum in Moscow and it was reclassified as a pallasite. Well Yury gave me a nicely prepared piece this evening for my collection . Which will end up at the Flandrau along with a small complete piece I have there. I don't know what all he has to sell because he just arrived in Tucson but he I'm certain will be reasonably priced and love to meet and make contacts with other American dealers and enthusiests. Yury is a first class hunter and was many kilos up on me in my Oman trips. He's also hunted many of the famous Russian strewnfields namley, Sikota alin, Chinga, Kanzais Tsarav (SP?). He's at the Ramada Limited 665 N Freeway (N/W corner of St Mary's and the freeway I10) in room 245. Yury speaks real good english has a great sence of humor ans if you tell him your friends with me he'll either charge you double or give you a discount maybe ?? Happy Huntin John B.

G'Day John B

darn I wish I can be in Tucson at the moment. I've been wanting to go to this show for a long time. I have a very good doctor friend of mine next week for the show, she's been going for the past 6 years with her nephew. This guy sounds really interesting, would love to be able to talk to him. Does he have a website?

Oh, by the way... I'm putting together a collection of autographs of very important people, ones that have made a difference in my life. So I'd really like one from you... hope it's bloody cheap! :twocents: :laught16::laught16:

Cheers

Johnno

Hi Johnno

I'm not to sure if he does, I think soo :shrug: ?? If I can get it I'll post it :hmmmmmm: . Your a fellow I'ld like to do some hunting with or at least spend some time BS.n one of these days :idea: !! If you can make the show I really recommend it :whoopie: !! My signatures cheap compared to Ruben and Sonny :laught16::laught16::laught16: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Hi Eric

No your thinking of Sergey from Comet Meteorites :confused0013: . I haven't been out yet visiting but he may be in a Russian Houscow :Huh_anim]: ?? Although Yury and I found lots of Sau 001 and some real whoppers :innocent0002: !! Our finds are in some Omanie basement, tent or camel garage in Oman :angry-smiley-010: !! Most of the Russian vendors used to set up at the Smugglers Inn for obvious reasons :hmmmmmm: . But it has been torn down and being rebuilt so I'm not sure where they are now :innocent0009: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Hi Johnno

I'm not to sure if he does, I think soo :shrug: ?? If I can get it I'll post it :hmmmmmm: . Your a fellow I'ld like to do some hunting with or at least spend some time BS.n one of these days :idea: !! If you can make the show I really recommend it :whoopie: !! My signatures cheap compared to Ruben and Sonny :laught16::laught16::laught16: !! Happy Huntin John B.

G'Day John B

Sorry about the delay. I'm just flat out like a lizard drinkin'! But wow! hang out with you? That's like hanging out with God. If I can get some positive days together that maybe coincide with you, I would love to go hunt and sit around a campfire and chew the fat (b.s.) I had the chance to bond at Gold Basin, but you seemed to be very busy. I had a lot of fun with Jim. In fact, Kat got a blast with Jim's explanation on the Franconia Iron (a.k.a Sacramento Wash 005). Bill came to the rescue when I needed a new pick and he actually offered up his lucky pick at a discount price. and boy, has it been lucky! That's another story. And by the way, Kat was very appreciative that you carried away the local wildlife (a.k.a. the tarantula) Hope the spelling's right, if not... Big, Hairy, Fn Spider!! You're her hero.

Cheers

Johnno