Nugget Shooter Forums

maybe a little bit off topic but......

rockhound87

hows everybody doin? I havnt been prospecting for very long now but one thing ive noticed is that u have to be willing to go it alone. which is not always great bein out in the wilderness all by yourself. I dnt know if anybodyelse knows what I mean. another thing is that anybody who ever went out rockhoundn or lookn for gold with me--- which isnt very many people--------- but because they didnt find anything the 1st time out, their :outtahere: they just figure im stupid I guess, probly sayin look at that fool out there, he aint never found anything and never will. for me its not about finding anything, of course I would love to find some gold, but its more to jst enjoy the outdoors, stop and smell the roses. I guess its not worth their time. but I bring this up because it does make everything not more difficult but much more cautious when out by yourself. sometimes I would do something if there was somebody else with me, but when ur alone its out of the question. I guess theyre just not interested enough to go where i go. LOL

anybodyelse know what im sayin?

anyways hope everybodys havn a good weekend.

Rockhound: I know exactly where you are coming from. I used to hunt alone all the time because most of my friends here in Vegas think its a waste of time trying for gold or looking for meteorites that they cant sell for BIG bucks. Me, I just want to get out of "Sin City" and away from most of the wackos that visit the strip. The desert has its own special type of charm to those that can appreciate true nature at its finest. I have run into some spots waaaaaaaaaaay out there in the middle of nowhere that equates to me as being in "GODs'" little piece of earth. One can truly meditate and come to terms with everyday problems and they seem to just melt away after a short stint out there. I LOVE IT!!

Dont worry or feel that you are alone because I bet that there are a LOT of us who feel the same way but dont wish to speak about it for fear of being called a "WUSS". Stupid? Yeah, and crazy like a fox.

Keep the faith baby and dont change your attitude about it as you will probably outlive all them "city slickers".

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

hows everybody doin? I havnt been prospecting for very long now but one thing ive noticed is that u have to be willing to go it alone. which is not always great bein out in the wilderness all by yourself. I dnt know if anybodyelse knows what I mean. another thing is that anybody who ever went out rockhoundn or lookn for gold with me--- which isnt very many people--------- but because they didnt find anything the 1st time out, their :outtahere: they just figure im stupid I guess, probly sayin look at that fool out there, he aint never found anything and never will. for me its not about finding anything, of course I would love to find some gold, but its more to jst enjoy the outdoors, stop and smell the roses. I guess its not worth their time. but I bring this up because it does make everything not more difficult but much more cautious when out by yourself. sometimes I would do something if there was somebody else with me, but when ur alone its out of the question. I guess theyre just not interested enough to go where i go. LOL

anybodyelse know what im sayin?

anyways hope everybodys havn a good weekend.

hit the nail on the head rockhound. i think 99% of my family & friends thinks im a little looney now. but its totally the opposite. this is the stuff that keeps me from going looney tunes..... i love it. i love everything about it. yes there are more of us out here... thats why im going to join a couple of clubs & already talked to a couple of people from this site about doing some outings together.

its all obout the fun. (but i would love to find a big nuggie to shove down their throats lol)

have fun.. stay safe.. & good luck out there

Hell, I hear it every day. There is a good chance I'm a little nuts but I'm happy that way. I go by the butt pucker method. If I go into a area and my butt puckers up I stop and think about it then keep going with caution, sometimes. Now I've gone out with some fellows who called and wanted to go on one of my treasure hunts. I never refuse. Some were more over the edge than I am. That's scary. Sometimes you are better off alone. Then again I've met some nice folks.

Hey Sarge, get you ass retired and come out and hunt with me! Seems I've lost some of my friends, only have a few left that want to hunt with me. But I guess thats the way life is. Grubstake

Gary, as long as I'm kicking you will have a friend. I hope all is well. I had one year to go but now it is two. They made me a offer that I could not refuse to stay an extra year. I think I'm in Hell. Just when your going out the door you get pulled back in. I look foward to hunting with you.

I have spent the majority of my life alone,in the mountains deserts and river canyons.Trapping,hunting,cowboying,packing,and mining.The majority of that time was alone.Looking back I am fortunate to be with us today,but I guess I had an angel on my shoulder,I had some very close calls.The only part I regret of not having somebody to share my experiences with me is,alot of people would never beleive some of the things I seen and did,I dont even talk about them much.I always found it hard to find someone that was as hardcore and passionate about what I was doing(still that way I just dont have the time now,with a family)or trustworthy,I would take them and they would go back without me with several of there freinds!You cant take what the majority of society thinks of you either,todays people are caught up in the rat race,like a bunch of sheep,I want no part of there lives.People think they can go out and find gold real easy and when they find out how hard it is they dont go again,hey thats good for us......less competition.Be safe though if it seems risky it is!!!

Sarge, I still have a few great friends, to hunt with here. But due to some thing beyond my control. I now have some that are not even talking to me. I feel great sorrow over it. But like I said I guess thats life. I have you, and Rob, and Dennis. And I have some great hunting partners just down the road from me. But things arn't like they use to be, people move on. And I'm sorry one of them choose to do that. But it was his decission, not mine. I look forward to you getting out this way. I hope you get out while you still have lots of hunting energy left. I'm slowing down, but just keep no keeping on as long as I can. Grubstake

Hi RH-I know what you mean-although I do beep alone most of the time it is nice to share the adventures with a selected few that you can TRUST :tisc-tisc: --theres a couple of things I've noticed with huntin partners--they don't like you to go behind them in their old beat up patches and find more gold that ends invites real fast :confused0013: and some have big mouths and tell others about your secret places :grrr01: --and then there those who use people for their spots until you have nothin more your willing to offer and move on to the next person :hmmmmmm: --I guess beepin alone ain't so bad after all if you weigh the good with the bad :innocent0009: --now I'm not saying that everyone is like that--I guess the old saying good friends are hard to come by is very true indeed-- never give up the hunt--its out there :twocents: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hot Dang Kuger, sounds like a book in the making. Hmmmm, maybe even a movie!

Not too many people out there are willing to share their life experiences and when they do some folks kind of go "Hmmmmmmmmm". I have also been there and done that and some of my oldest and closets friends who know what i have done just kind of laugh when we get together during our class reunions. I for one am getting a little tired of hearing "darn Stan, you still alive!"

May sound funny but it does tend to get on ones nerves. You ought to think about writing a memoir.

Good luck and be safe out there.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Well, just to add my :twocents: to this thread, I don't hunt much with anyone...Not because of any particular reason...I'm not afraid of some one ripping a patch or so forth...there's a couple guys I just fall in with, Like Mike c. ,az4au, Bill, Montana, Rob, Dennis, QC Gary, and a few others I can't name off hand this late at night, but that I really respect and am honored to hunt with...But generally I don't hunt gold to be social, and I don't really have that much to say...The open desert is my church and it's where I connect with the big guy...Cheers, yer Unc in the Dubyah

Hello Ron,

Amen on the Church , that is the way I think of it also . The Real Gold out there is the peace of mind you get from being away from all the BS . My Grandfather used to say that everyday spent fishing can be added on in the end as he spent a lot of time fishing and lasted all the way to 98 years young (God rest his soul) anything that relieves stress is good for the longevity of life, look at Hugh Heffner :hump9:

This is an interesting topic.

I do about half my hunting alone and half with a few (I can count them on one hand), acquaintances who have proven

to be friends...not that proof was required, it's just that with these folks, it's obvious .

To have met hunting partners of this caliber just shows me how really lucky I have been, gold comes in many disguises.

I also agree that when I hunt alone, I make sure my radar is alittle more dialed in.

I trust my gut feelings and my instinct and have learned not to question what I feel by over thinking.

It has proven out time and time again.

I do not seem to have the same instinctual talent for finding gold ,

but, as many have mentioned

that's not really the point is it...

I think, in the long run, we're luckier than we may know.

We have found places to go that allow us to feel normal

and in today's world, there are not many places like that available to most of us.

Good luck and good hunting to all,

Flak

Hi folks.....a good attitude about life in general and gold hunting in particular is what relieves stress

makes good friends....finds gold (in many forms)....it seems that all of you that have posted to this

great thread have a great attitude.....

Where I hunt (for the reasons you've mentioned) I would prefer to be alone but I live with the

pucker factor every time I go out....the reason I introduced camo clothes here so I won't be seen...

a lot of folks in the jungle would love to have my gear....gold....pick-up....gear inside....that's why

about 50% of the time I take my "amigo" with me....he has a big mouth(tells everything)...lies when

the truth would do him better and cheats me out of the 10% for hauling his ass around with me....I

know he cheats but it's cheap help/security.....

Being alone is great but if a problem lands in your lap just be mentally ready to take positive

action....in my case "semi-auto" action......

Hi All

I know I'm new here don't think I've ever posted??? Have been a lurker for a while though.

I'm not sure if it is a just a pospector thing but more the type person prospectors are, that have them work alone. I've grown up as a Trapper, Hunter, Fisherman, Diver, wannabe prospector,, and overall out door person.

I think the working alone comes mostly from my trapping back ground. For me many people just plain don't like or want to understand a trapper. I find myself alone on the trap line 99% of the time. My son or daughter go with me ocassionally as might a co worker or friend. But overall I'm out there alone. It is no big deal as I'm operating in rural farm country. I'm really never to far from help but mostly just over looked. But sometimes the working alone thing extends into the supposed big no no of my diving alone, as I sometime do. I've hunted alone poked around in the woods alone, and crawled the river bank alone.

I think it is more about what a person becoames comfortable with as and individual.

I know full well what all can happen when your by your self alone it can sometimes get ugly.

Like many here that I'm sure have had really neat experiances while out with others. I've also had the satisfaction of watching the neatest sunrises and sunsets and finding some cool things when alone. In those moments your the only one in control of what you do or don't do, what you think or where you step. I enjoy my personal time that way very much.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up!"

yeah. all of you guys are exactly right. and there is not much better to me than being out there, feelin like ur in a different time zone,. they can have there rat race. and like a few of u brought up though, their seems to be a lot of people even when u think ur by yourself that will do anything to mess with ya. thers a lot of nice folks 2, but jst not as many. I guess Im jst sayn I hate that feeling like im being watched. anyways yall have a good one.